Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 charger and wifi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed a new white generation three wall charger. It powers up with the green lights on. I scanned the QR code and all I get is a page of specs. I don’t see any way to connect to it. Hoping to see the chart that shows me the amperage draw, or whatever other data the Wi-Fi is supposed to provide me. I don’t think I am connecting to it and I don’t know how to. Thanks in advance.

I just installed a new white generation three wall charger. It powers up with the green lights on. I scanned the QR code and all I get is a page of specs. I don’t see any way to connect to it. Hoping to see the chart that shows me the amperage draw, or whatever other data the Wi-Fi is supposed to provide me. I don’t think I am connecting to it and I don’t know how to. Thanks in advance.
If you go to your router, you should be able to find the IP address and then you should be able to connect to it in a web browser.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
If you go to your router, you should be able to find the IP address and then you should be able to connect to it in a web browser.
That could work partially but you won't be able to configure it. You need to connect to the wifi access point it provides after power-up (or holding the button long enough). It's all in the (online) manual.

BTW: this reply was assuming that you want to configure it. If you've already configured it, there is no way to read data about what it's doing from it's web interface. This is what I get when browsing from my PC (Wall Charger has latest firmware):

upload_2021-2-4_16-41-14.png

The older firmware gives you a bit more info (how it's configured) but I don't think anything like what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Hoping to see the chart that shows me the amperage draw, or whatever other data the Wi-Fi is supposed to provide me. I don’t think I am connecting to it and I don’t know how to. Thanks in advance.

There is no such page, sorry. Wifi is just for automatic updates and config.

Like others have mentioned, we are not sure what point you are at in the installation cycle, for example, if your electrician has setup the wifi. If not, you'll need to read the manual and do it yourself. It may not be worth it though.

Got it! I needed to turn off the breaker and restart the charger unit, as the charger's network is only available for a short time after powering up. I wanted to tell it what breaker I installed and get the confirming LED display, which I did see. It doesn't do much more than that, but I wanted to be safe with that much electricity running through my old garage.