Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen II rear lighted appliqué soon available: Gauging pre-producion interest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I get a Model S, someday, perhaps sometime this year, I am in. Probably a red Tesla but I'd take a chrome bar I think.
Will it do everything the video shows; different modes, and reversing mode, turn signal mode? It comes with the lighted 'T' emblem?
I'd also take the door mud light things too perhaps.
How did you guys engineer this? I'll do some digging before you take effort to respond about how.
A little pedestrian bell would be awesome too (youtube it)
Warranty? Tesla Motor's view on this project?
Thanks

Reactions: Reekdog
Hey Guys,

Rick and I just did an appliqué install at Kings Mill Resort, this was a record install, it took use around two hours. Ok, so we have done a number of them, however, it should not take a pro/body shop more then twice that, just my opinion.

Could y'all do a step by step video tutorial the next time for those of us too far away to go to the meets?

@Cowby,
It’s in the works, hope to start the first segment in a couple of weeks, just can’t do it all at once. I’m planning on having to do a couple of takes, that means we will have to do a number of cars. I would rather not take a car apart, reassemble it and then take it apart again to do the video. We’ll just have to play it by ear and see how it goes when we do the video.

We tried to do a video the last time at John's house, We did three cars that day and their were just to many people getting in the way. The video has to be staged so that we can show how to wire the system.

Putting the hatch cover back took a number of tries and we blew a number of clips reinstalling it, for reinstalling the hatch cover six hands are better then four. I think once you see the video and can play back sections that may be problematic, more people will do there own install. Someone did suggest that if you got stuck reinstalling the back hatch covers you can always take it to your SC and have them install the trunk lid covers.