Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen II rear lighted appliqué soon available: Gauging pre-producion interest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
artsci, these look great.

How will the gen1 appliqué owners be able to upgrade to this version? I'm hoping we can reuse the electronics or get a core exchange on those for some level of discount? I'm getting some water intrusion in my lenses and just prefer the look of the new appliqués without the lenses.

artsci, these look great.

How will the gen1 appliqué owners be able to upgrade to this version? I'm hoping we can reuse the electronics or get a core exchange on those for some level of discount? I'm getting some water intrusion in my lenses and just prefer the look of the new appliqués without the lenses.

Rick-I am thinking the same as AMPUP- any trade in value on the LED panel behind our 1st gen appliqués? Still not sure I want to do the deinstall-remove all adhesive residue-reinstall thing. Thanks.

Rick-I am thinking the same as AMPUP- any trade in value on the LED panel behind our 1st gen appliqués? Still not sure I want to do the deinstall-remove all adhesive residue-reinstall thing. Thanks.

We're planning to do this. In other words we'll sell the new appliqué without any electronics. The neopixel longboard can be removed from the old appliqué and reinstalled on the new. But it does require the old appliqué to be removed, the longboard stripped off (not that hard to do), and applied to the new appliqué. The controller and wiring remains the same. We'll provide instructions for this.

We've had to make a few minor changes to the way the TESLA letters are machined out of the billet aluminum appliqués, creating further productions delays. We're now anticipating that production will begin in early February. We're making a run of 50 to start and once production is completed (it will take only a week) they'll be available for immediate delivery.

Final price not yet determined but likely in the range of $850 - $950 all inclusive (all installation parts provided). Likely we'll also provide an option to purchase the appliqué painted to match your car or in chrome finish with contrasting TESLA letters but without the electronics.

A substantial discount will also be provided to owners who have Version 1 as they will not need the neopixel longboard or controller.

Rick,

I believe you have posted that a Model X version might be done also. Any updates on the X applique, if it is the same as the S?

As always, thanks so much for you and all the others efforts with this.