Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GEN3 wall charger interrupted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys.

I just installed a Gen3 wall charger at my garage about 2 weeks ago. I have no issue to charge my TX until yesterday. After I start to charge, around 30 mins the app shows charging interrupt. Then around 10 mins later, it will charge again; but it will stop charge after 20 min and shows charging interrupted. The wall charger shows red light and flashing. Any advise?

Hey Guys.

I just installed a Gen3 wall charger at my garage about 2 weeks ago. I have no issue to charge my TX until yesterday. After I start to charge, around 30 mins the app shows charging interrupt. Then around 10 mins later, it will charge again; but it will stop charge after 20 min and shows charging interrupted. The wall charger shows red light and flashing. Any advise?
Is the cable/HPWC/breaker hot to the touch? Then there is a resistance problem. You should probably call an electrician.

Go charge somewhere else like a super charger and see if the issue occurs again. If not, there may be something clearly going on with either your Gen 3 charger, wiring, breaker, etc.

Like mentioned before: Get an electrician to investigate further.

Go charge somewhere else like a super charger and see if the issue occurs again. If not, there may be something clearly going on with either your Gen 3 charger, wiring, breaker, etc.

Like mentioned before: Get an electrician to investigate further.
Thank you. It changes no issue now. I thought it may only happened during afternoon. Not sure why.

What is HPWC stand for?
High Powered Wall Charger
Thank you. It changes no issue now. I thought it may only happened during afternoon. Not sure why.
It is possible that the wiring, breaker, and charger are all correct and working well, but you have unstable voltage coming to your house (bad transformer, seriously under-powered transformer, etc.) I agree with everyone else, you must investigate further and determine the cause. Please don't let your house burn down (one of the potential hazards).

High Powered Wall ChargerIt is possible that the wiring, breaker, and charger are all correct and working well, but you have unstable voltage coming to your house (bad transformer, seriously under-powered transformer, etc.) I agree with everyone else, you must investigate further and determine the cause. Please don't let your house burn down (one of the potential hazards).
Thank you. My house is a brand new house and was built last year. I used the company that refer by Tesla website to install the charger. I hope there is no installation issue. I’m live in Los Angeles, and the temperature is 90 yesterday. I have no issue charge at night and only interrupted during afternoon. It may caused by weather?

I have the same issue. Worked for a week, professionally installed (Tesla certified) but then after that week, charge would interrupt every 10-15 mins. Nothing is hot, the electrician cane back and found nothing wrong with the install. Cable was not hot. Breaker did not trip. I had a single flashing red light. When we referred to the manual it said the ground could be faulty but he grounded it properly and everything was secure. So I’m at a loss. I have a mobile tech coming out July 8th I’ll try to update this thread and may start my own.

Mine was exactly like this. It would charge and when it would fail, a single red light would flash continuously until I removed the plug from the port. I’ll look into this as a possible fix of course. I’ll try anything that may help.