Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a reference in one of the for sale threads below to a website where tesla owners often sell their cars -- it wasn't Autotrader or Cars.com or any of the common ones I'd heard of. I wanted to check it out (I've reserved a Model 3 and I'm in the market for used Model S) ... but unfortunately, when I went back to try to find it, I could no longer locate that post in any of the threads. Does anyone know the site I'm referring to? It was described as "person to person" or owner to buyer ... something like that.

I saw a reference in one of the for sale threads below to a website where tesla owners often sell their cars -- it wasn't Autotrader or Cars.com or any of the common ones I'd heard of. I wanted to check it out (I've reserved a Model 3 and I'm in the market for used Model S) ... but unfortunately, when I went back to try to find it, I could no longer locate that post in any of the threads. Does anyone know the site I'm referring to? It was described as "person to person" or owner to buyer ... something like that.

There are many Tesla's listed on cars.com and autotrader.com

Last edited:
I have noticed what I believe to be poor behavior on tesla for sales thread.
1. Some people seeing listing will complain about the price and explain why it's not worth that. I believe if they believe it over priced they can negotiate with lister in conversation but discouraging others is not right. This thread is not a solicitation for thought but for a sale of a car
2. Some will post about errors in listing out of ignorance. This happened to me by someone ignorant of later version of roadster that can be put into performance mode by turn of key. They also complained that advertised 72 amp charhging was not possible. If you believe an error or question a claim you can ask lister in conversation and not claim lister is a lying
3. Have seen some questioning fraudulent listing. It's the internet but you should have definite proof and at least think whether you might be slandering someone

Hi everyone ... I'm back for some more advice.

I've found a car I'm interested in. It's a P85D fully loaded (at least all the features I'm looking for ... 3rd row seats, SAS, Sub - Zero, AP, Audio, next gen seats). The seller is asking 85K, which I think is a good price. Here's what I need help with.

a) It has a small dent on the rear bumper. Seller says she backed into something in her garage. Says she hasn't bothered to repair because it doesn't bother her. I have no idea how to assess how much this should impact the price of the car ... how much it would cost to repair, how much it depreciates the resale value of the car even after repair. I realize this is going to be hard to answer without more info, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

b) Any recommendations on how to get a 3rd party inspection from an agency that knows about teslas? I know there are several large agencies (Lemonsquad, etc), but I'm concerned that they would not know what to look for in a Tesla. Do you all agree that I need to look for someone who specializes more? And how would I go about finding one? The seller is in the Reno area, btw.

c) This seller seems to know very little about selling a car at a distance. I suspect I will need to arrange for transport, etc. Any recommendations for how I could go about arranging cross country shipping?

About 200 cars disappeared from the Tesla CPO/Inventory list today (EV-CPO site went from 231 to 37 available cars in the U.S.). I've been monitoring the site every day for the last few weeks, and the total generally moves +/- 10 or so per day. Anyone know what the big move is about? Could it indicate Tesla is getting ready to put a bunch of new cars on the site?

About 200 cars disappeared from the Tesla CPO/Inventory list today (EV-CPO site went from 231 to 37 available cars in the U.S.). I've been monitoring the site every day for the last few weeks, and the total generally moves +/- 10 or so per day. Anyone know what the big move is about? Could it indicate Tesla is getting ready to put a bunch of new cars on the site?
As was mentioned in the other threads (EVCPO support thread and the CPO for sale thread) The cars are all still there, Tesla is just listing them differently. An easy way to say it is they revamped their own CPO site and it broke EV-CPO for the time being.

/edit If you go to the actual Tesla site, they list " New Inventory" cars and "Pre-owned." They had this before, but they spruced up the site a bit and changed the formatting.

As was mentioned in the other threads (EVCPO support thread and the CPO for sale thread) The cars are all still there, Tesla is just listing them differently. An easy way to say it is they revamped their own CPO site and it broke EV-CPO for the time being.

/edit If you go to the actual Tesla site, they list " New Inventory" cars and "Pre-owned." They had this before, but they spruced up the site a bit and changed the formatting.

Oh, thanks for the info.

I have noticed what I believe to be poor behavior on tesla for sales thread.
1. Some people seeing listing will complain about the price and explain why it's not worth that. I believe if they believe it over priced they can negotiate with lister in conversation but discouraging others is not right. This thread is not a solicitation for thought but for a sale of a car
2. Some will post about errors in listing out of ignorance. This happened to me by someone ignorant of later version of roadster that can be put into performance mode by turn of key. They also complained that advertised 72 amp charhging was not possible. If you believe an error or question a claim you can ask lister in conversation and not claim lister is a lying
3. Have seen some questioning fraudulent listing. It's the internet but you should have definite proof and at least think whether you might be slandering someone

yes if the upgrade is 11k and i can find the 60 kwh cpo for 47k, so 36k is better, or little more

Here's a good example of someone doing item 1. I certainly didn't appreciate it, and it is generally known to be bad form to do that on someone's FS thread. If you are going to bid on it, fine. It's the "your xyz isn't worth that" comments that are the problem. Especially when you're wrong!