Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Owners - I need your help. I'm looking at a CPO that has most of the features that I want, but also has the rear-facing seats that I do not care for. The CPO advisor tells me that they can be removed by the service team. Question - am I better off accepting the vehicle with the seats and trying to sell them? If I were to offer the seats to a forum member, what would be a fair price (including the labor to remove/restore my vehicle). What I'm considering getting is: 2013 P85, 41k miles, pano, blue, 21" silver wheels, piano black, tech package, ultra high fidelity sound package, smart air suspension, parcel shelf, supercharging, twin charges, paint armor, rear facing seats, grey nappa leather/alcantara w/ white piping. $52,300. What does the community think?
I've been looking for a very similar car in a lighter color. From what I have seen that looks like a really good price. The rear seats may help your resale value as its an expensive aftermarket add on if you can find a service center to do it.

My CPO advisor informed me that service centers will NOT install RFS that are not directly purchased from Tesla. So acquiring RFS from another owner and installing it in a non-RFS car is a DIY project, and Tesla would assume no liability.

AND the RFS + install costs would be at least $3k +400 depending on VIN + labor fees.

Last edited:
Folks,
I have been checking Tesla CPO site for a few weeks now looking for Model S CPO. So far I have not found a CPO vehicle except for inventory cars and did not find any pre-owned cars. Is this normal? I am doing a nationwide search without any filters.
Is there a specific day of the month or week when the new inventory is added?

Folks,
I have been checking Tesla CPO site for a few weeks now looking for Model S CPO. So far I have not found a CPO vehicle except for inventory cars and did not find any pre-owned cars. Is this normal? I am doing a nationwide search without any filters.
Is there a specific day of the month or week when the new inventory is added?

We have been discussing this in the CPO threads. There is a fairly large "hidden" CPO inventory that is not currently on the website. You will need to contact a CPO advisor at Tesla to get access to it.

No guesses as to when Tesla will post the inventory online again.

We have been discussing this in the CPO threads. There is a fairly large "hidden" CPO inventory that is not currently on the website. You will need to contact a CPO advisor at Tesla to get access to it.

Thank you! I will look for the CPO thread.
I guess it might have to do with Tesla's unwillingness to advertise cars with published low prices.

My advisor said they would be posted "sometime this week", though he also previously said they would be post last Monday, so take it with a grain of salt.

Looking at ordering a new S75 and want to decide if I should sell my current S60 privately or accept the Tesla buy back trade in offer. Here is what I have:

2013 Model S60 - delivered end of May 2013
51026 miles
Dark green metallic, tan leather, pano roof, tech package, rear facing seats, super charger enabled

I have not had one single problem with it in almost 3 years,

What is it worth?

Looking at ordering a new S75 and want to decide if I should sell my current S60 privately or accept the Tesla buy back trade in offer. Here is what I have:

51026 miles
Dark green metallic, tan leather, pano roof, tech package, rear facing seats, super charger enabled

What is it worth?

Trade it in, you will get about the same. Dealing with people private party most of the time is a pita

51026 miles

What is it worth?

Well.....what does Tesla say it's worth? That's a start.
Also, did you purchase the extended service agreement?

CPO advisor sent me the following a few days ago:
"-60 (P19854)
-$43,600
-48,533 Miles
-White Exterior
-Tan Leather Interior
-Sunroof
-Tech Package
-19” Wheels"

Your car has a few more miles, but also has jump seats (let's say that adds $2k).
But if it doesn't have any kind of extended warranty, you can take off ~$4k).
If that's the case, a fair price would probably be right at $40k, give or take depending on condition.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlitoDoc
What is with all the people who "crap" on other peoples sale threads? This is the worst forum I've ever seen for treating other people politely in sale threads. I've bought and sold a lot of stuff via overclock.net, forum.notebookreview.com, and a few other forums. Good etiquette is not saying something if you don't have something nice to say. If you see someones thread and you think their car is overpriced, who cares? Does that give you the right to post and say "hey this guy is a fool if thinks he charge this much for his car, it's too much"? Seriously, if you put a "for sale" sign in front of your house, and then I put up a sign in your yard that said "this house is too expensive, don't buy it", you'd sue me for damages. But here on this forum, we think it's ok to slander/libel our fellow Tesla owners and ruin their chances to sell their car on the forum. It's annoying. I can't believe a bunch of computer nerds have more courtesy than us tree-hunging tech savvy eco-nerds. Seriously, send the seller a PM if you think their car is too expensive, they may not know it, and you may help them, but do it privately!

TLDR: Stop crapping on peoples sales threads!

OMG! I have thought about this numbers of times having sold 3 Tesla. 2 were mine and one for a dear friend. With "forum friends" like that ........

Someone is selling a fully loaded Model X Signature on Autohebdo (Canadian website) for 140K Canadian (107.5K US). This is so a scam. Says the car is in Florida and there is no taxes to add. But I'm pretty sure you can't import US Tesla to Canada also.

You can import and export cars either way, but tesla needs to update google maps. CA cars have CA maps and vice versa.

Question for the group... Are swapalease and leasetrader legit? I have a model 3 on order, but need a car for about 2 years while I wait. I thought it would be great to get an S70D or S85D since a lot of people are taking delivery of a Model X and offering some incentives to get out of their lease early. This gives me a still expensive, but reasonable payment and the ability to have a shorter lease.

So I've checked out the vehicles on leasetrader and swapalease and from time to time a good one comes along. I signed up last night so that I could contact an owner, but both sites want ~$20/month membership which is odd on the buy side. After I discovered this it clicked that many of the listings only have one picture and sometimes it is a stock image. I'm wondering if they are fake listings? I would think that if someone was serious and wanted out of their lease they would at least take some real pictures.

LOL -- thanks as to the original point of this thread. Just went through a number of listings to take a look, and I have to say, I was rather taken aback by how many people who had no desire whatsoever to even consider a particular listed car were "helping" others or "helping" the OP by dumping on the listing. :) I too, don't recall any other board with pricey stuff where there were so many altruists "helping" others by saying unflattering things about listings. As one wise person here said on that practice ... "with friends like that ..." Thanks to the mods for trying to maintain the fine balance here.