Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General chit-chat in "For Sale" threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm really surprised with the small differential in price between the CPO models. A 2015 85D with an average 35k miles lists on average for $62K ($52-$78K), a 2015 P85D (with 10% less miles) 32K, lists on average for $68K ($58-$77K). Generally the 85D's are much more lightly optioned, there are at least twice as many for sale yet they sell for nearly the same as their bigger P85D brother. When new, on average, there was a $30K price differential between these models yet on resale that has largely evaporated. This makes no sense to me....

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Has anyone here bought or sold a used Model 3 recently? I see a lot of ads on eBay, Autotrader, Cargurus asking almost MSRP and not deterred by the fact that anyone could order a car at the same price now and get the full tax credit. Curious to know what's a good price to pay for one.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Good is in the eye of the people engaging in the transaction. Some will think there is value in buying today and getting today, and some will value control. I wouldn't buy a used model 3 right now, but I'm not buying any model 3. As long as you are both satisfied, it's good. Make sure you know all the intricacies though. And enjoy

So this is a dumb question ... I'm getting close to finding a buyer for my S. Previously when I've sold cars privately, I've basically gone with my gut and accepted a cashier's check from nice people and never had a problem.

With the Model S, it's really hard to steal the car because Tesla gets location telemetry from it. Should I change my process? I know cashier checks can be faked, but it just seems so unlikely I'll run into a problem by vetting the buyer as much as possible and going with my gut. Better solutions? Meet at the bank?

What have you done when selling your car?

• Informative
For those Buying a New or Used Tesla:

I have been lucky enough to own all three major production vehicles from Tesla (S/3/X).

Over the past several years, I have gathered plenty of information about the functioning, essentials, quirks, and add-ons for all three vehicles and wish to share any information to prospective new and used owners.

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] and I would be happy to be in contact to discuss the greatest cars on earth!

• Informative
I've just started my search for a used model S and currently looking for a CPO 85D. I've searched the threads for a few answers that I have not yet found.
1. How do I get a Manheim condition report?
2. I am in Utah so looking to pick up one in the western states. Are there CPO locations that give better service than others (I've heard bad things about the one in Vegas)?
3. Will the sales advisor give range at 90 and 100% charge?
Any other tips are welcome.
Thanks!

• Informative
Looks like Tesla prices for used and CPO are about to skyrocket. Tesla is effectively raiding the price of it cars by $20k by only selling 100KWH battery model S and X. All prospective buyers have until Monday night......

Still for sale

2015 Tesla Model S · 85D Sedan 4D - Vehicles - Manchester, Connecticut - Marketplace | Facebook
Dude stop spamming your crap all over....lower the price it'll sell. Keep it the same the market ain't coming up to meet your desire...........