Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible Chevy Bolt Battery Cell Failure Prompts GM Statement / Recall

Of course if this was a Tesla issue, it would be all over the media.

Not getting a lot of widespread coverage since it's not Tesla.

But it does show that lack of experience mass-producing BEVs can bring problems.
But on top of that, I feel sorry for the customers who buy this outdated product:

asking 2017 Bolt EV customers to contact their dealer to schedule service for a software update.

bah-hahahahahaha.

Dude. People react to information. I am assuming someone here might have heard something online or has their own theory as to why the price wen't down today.

I personally have not been able to gather any info, or formulate why there was a drop. Someone might here might have their own theory to my question, hence why I asked. I came here for information/education of the market with respect to TSLA.

Sub, my question for you is, if no one has any theories or any information to share with others on TSLA performance, then why are you even in this section of the forum? And how does your response give anyone else value to even want to continue coming to this section?

Hank

I wasn't coming at you, but I'm sure I could have worded my response better. This has been discussed many times before and my feelings are always the same, there is never one reason why EVERYONE sells a stock on a particular day. Trying to figure out why then is a waste of time. Sure, we can point to news items of the day but that still won't tell you 100% why. I would assume a lot of selling or buying happens because of the trend, meaning traders jump on if they see news that they think will start some momentum in one way or the other.

TSLA goes up and down, just like any other stock. I don't know this for a fact but TSLA is probably more volatile than most, but it is definitely hated more than just about any other company in existence right now if you pay attention to the media. Good luck predicting the movements over brief periods of time.

Maybe you're new to TSLA? Most of us have been here a minute. I won't speak for anyone else but I really don't care what TSLA does on the daily, my time frame of concern is 1 year minimum but plan to own my shares for a 5-10 years if not more.

All the VIN calculating is nothing but entertaining reading to me. Model 3 will ramp, guaranteed. Who cares if it's in May or August when they hit 5k.

All the VIN calculating is nothing but entertaining reading to me. Model 3 will ramp, guaranteed. Who cares if it's in May or August when they hit 5k.

Im 100% sure reservation holders, tax credit seekers, fudsters, shorts, longs, the traditional autos makers, Tesla employees with options (everyone of them) and investors care. Pretty much everyone cares.

And, don't come at me bro.. jk.

Edit: oh forgot a couple. Mother nature and people who like to breath and people who burn easily in the sun.

Edit 2: God, the baby Jesus and everyone in the manger also care. Probably buddah as well.

Edit 3: and Allah.

Last edited:

Chart showing comparison to last year sales for US market. Not too much effect on the non-German manufacturers.

Audi, BMW and Mercedes were down 5600 Units. All had year over year unit losses. Overall market size for entry luxury cars including Model 3 was 36K this year versus 34K last year.

Total car sales were down 9% but this is mainly due to the shift to light trucks. Overall market up 6%.

Next Month will be quite interesting when Model 3 has a chance to pass the BMW 3/4 series.

upload_2018-4-9_20-47-50.png

Last edited:
Im 100% sure reservation holders, tax credit seekers, fudsters, shorts, longs, the traditional autos makers, Tesla employees with options (everyone of them) and investors care. Pretty much everyone cares.

And, don't come at me bro.. jk.

Edit: oh forgot a couple. Mother nature and people who like to breath and people who burn easily in the sun.

Edit 2: God, the baby Jesus and everyone in the manger also care. Probably buddah as well.

Edit 3: and Allah.

Funny. I didn't say nobody cares! Clearly the world will end to some if the model 3 is delayed a minute and magic guy in the sky forbid there be a panel gap off by a mm. My prediction is it will ramp as soon as possible. You can go ahead and trade on that. :)

• Love
Reactions: ZsoZso
Funny. I didn't say nobody cares! Clearly the world will end to some if the model 3 is delayed a minute and magic guy in the sky forbid there be a panel gap off by a mm. My prediction is it will ramp as soon as possible. You can go ahead and trade on that. :)

You intimated not everyone cares. I say everyone cares. At least everyone who is aware. I'm sure the Pope does not care because he has bigger issues to deal with, like saying hell is not real. He must have never been to Fremont.

• Funny
Reactions: CaliBear1
Chart showing comparison to last year sales for US market. Not too much effect on the non-German manufacturers.

Audi, BMW and Mercedes were down 5600 Units. All had year over year unit losses. Overall market size for entry luxury cars including Model 3 was 36K this year versus 34K last year.

Total car sales were down 9% but this is mainly due to the shift to light trucks. Overall market up 6%.

Next Month will be quite interesting when Model 3 has a chance to pass the BMW 3/4 series.

View attachment 292949

Interesting, but I believe the model 3 actually started impacting demand for those vehicles in 2016, when it was revealed and sped to 400,000+ reservations. I would be interesting to see all 3 years.

Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
Bloomberg Asia (@BloombergAsia) | Twitter

Live speech Xi JinPIng

He just spoke about importance of low carbon society and taking care of the environment.

He has also spoken about globalism and importance of cooperation. Chinese door will be open more and more, never closed.

So far, all very positive....

He also said he just put in an order for a P100D .... ok now I'm just dreaming:)

Xi's speech has, so far, been especially good for Tesla. Most of the reasons are shown in this thread's prior five or so posts, but here's more (pasting from Bloomberg feed):

Xi says the personnel ranks of the intellectual property protection authority will be increased. And the punishments for violations will be boosted.

Interesting, but I believe the model 3 actually started impacting demand for those vehicles in 2016, when it was revealed and sped to 400,000+ reservations. I would be interesting to see all 3 years.

Agreed with you. For example:

BMW 3/4 Series

2015 - 141K
2016 - 106K
2017 - 99K

This year they are down 10% in the first 3 months 2018 from 2017.

Challenge with these comparisons is car sales change a lot with new model introductions, economy, etc. The German manufacturers are mostly on a down trend in this category. Economy is mostly positive for car sales. Not looking good so we will see how this plays out as the Model 3 becomes more available.

The Model 3 will effect the entry luxury category but also many people stepping up from Accord, Camry, Fusion just to have a compelling electric car.

• Love
Reactions: Reciprocity
Status
Not open for further replies.