Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does a privately held company get more equity ? Companies let their shares list on exchanges to have easy access to equity raises. With all the growth expectations of Tesla does anybody really believe it is in the best interest of Tesla having this route to capital cut ?

Don’t be ridiculous. They just got billions to go private, they’re getting billions from China to build Gigafactory, they’ll get billions to build Europe Gigafactory...money is not an issue.

Next.

@elonmusk
Short shorts coming soon to Tesla merch
S3XY
What are your fav short shorts?
Paired with thigh-high sockboots
Unis3x
And thigh high socks with pockets for lipliner & cards

Apparently no change in Elon's position about going private.
Does this indicate Funding is "still" secured
or the Valium pills are working as expected ?

I'm afraid Elon is ill advised concerning AI. I just read that Elon funded some of Max Tegmark research : Max Tegmark - Wikipedia

I listened to this guy speak, and I find his talks closer to scam than science.
Actually he even debated with one of the most important figures of AI and founder of neural networks Yann Lecun.

Here's what he said just a few hours ago on Facebook :

Capture d’écran 2018-08-11 à 14.59.12.png

Reactions: neroden
I'm afraid Elon is ill advised concerning AI. I just read that Elon funded some of Max Tegmark research : Max Tegmark - Wikipedia

I listened to this guy speak, and I find his talks closer to scam than science.
Actually he even debated with one of the most important figures of AI and founder of neural networks Yann Lecun.

Here's what he said just a few hours ago on Facebook :

View attachment 324865

Elon also gave to the political parties. He has the Neuralink and Open AI side of things, so I wouldn't be concerned about this one data point.

Don’t be ridiculous. They just got billions to go private, they’re getting billions from China to build Gigafactory, they’ll get billions to build Europe Gigafactory...money is not an issue.

Next.
Just wanted to let you know that this post is being circulated among the short community, and you're really giving us all a good laugh. Thank you. Keep it up, please. Would you be able to possibly tell us more about all these billions that Tesla has access to, since absolutely nobody else knows where they're coming from, since you seem to know so much.

Just wanted to let you know that this post is being circulated among the short community, and you're really giving us all a good laugh. Thank you. Keep it up, please. Would you be able to possibly tell us more about all these billions that Tesla has access to, since absolutely nobody else knows where they're coming from, since you seem to know so much.
Probably a healthy start from you shorts...thanks we appreciate your contribution.

Few days ago, he refused very generous offer from Saudis, forcing them to buy on general market. This is not behavior of someone that is either in desperate need of funding or someone without access to funding.

Feel free to stay delusional, though.

Few days ago, he refused very generous offer from Saudis, forcing them to buy on general market. This is not behavior of someone that is either in desperate need of funding or someone without access to funding.

Feel free to stay delusional, though.

Or, just off the top of my head, maybe it's because he doesn't want to cause further dilution. Musk has made is absolutely clear that he has no intention of raising capital by issuing additional equity. Accepting that investment would have caused dilution. Dilution would push the share price down, and since a not-insignificant amount of Tesla's debt is in the form of CV's, price depreciation is the last thing he wants.

Reactions: bhzmark

Neither one of us will convince the other about who is right here and neither of us know for sure. Place your bets. Check back with us in 3, 6 and 12 months.

It is nice to see Elon and David Einhorn become chums on Twitter and it seems to me it is high time for longs and shorts to put aside their differences. Since you guys have so generously committed $14 billion to buy 35 million shares to support Tesla's efforts to go private (probably half of what's needed -- thanks!), the very least we longs can do is make a little effort to ease the suffering and pain TSLA has caused you.

Glad @Krugerrand could help out by providing a little levity in these trying times for Tesla shorts. The Healing Power of Laughter in Death and Grief

It is nice to see Elon and David Einhorn become chums on Twitter and it seems to me it is high time for longs and shorts to put aside their differences. Since you guys have so generously committed $14 billion to buy 35 million shares to support Tesla's efforts to go private, the very least we longs can do is make a little effort to ease the suffering and pain TSLA has caused you.

Glad @Krugerrand could help out by providing a little levity in these trying times for TSLA shorts. The Healing Power of Laughter in Death and Grief

You know, there's several comebacks to this I could choose from, but I'm not here to cause trouble and this genuinely made me laugh, so have a like from me.

All good. You’ve all been smirking and gloating and laughing and proclaiming vaporware, bankruptcy, where will the money come from, competition on the way, Tesla killer coming to market, Gigafactory will never be built, cobalt shortage et al since IPO, while the rest of us here have been supporting one of the few men and his companies who is going to save your poor souls and those of your children by accelerating sustainable transportation and energy. Oh, yeah. And we’ve been making just a teeny bit of money too by doing nothing but buy and hold.

Carry on. You’ve got this. Any day now.

The Saudis bought their shares in the timeframe April-June...
I guess it is because I heard about it few days ago and conflated it with when it actually happened. Either way, it does not change my argument.

Or, just off the top of my head, maybe it's because he doesn't want to cause further dilution.
If Tesla is in as desperate situation as many shorts here and elsewhere would like us to believe, no one in Tesla would care about little details like "dilution". If you need money, you take money. Period.

@FundingSecured
Anton W, izzat you? MarkBS, Keef? (too lucid for keef W tho)(Not pretention enough for Antoon W)

• Funny
Reactions: EVCollies
Status
Not open for further replies.