TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Geofencing acceleration

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by Tslacg, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Tslacg

Tslacg Member

is there a way to geofence acceleration mode? For example I keep my X on ludicrous mode always (not the Easter egg mode). I'd love for it to auto switch to chill mode as I enter my neighborhood, kids on bikes, running from house to house, etc. when I exit my gates, switch back. Option to cancel like auto leveling.

Would love for the feature to be added if not. (Hint hint)

• Like x 2
  2. Tiger

Tiger Member

Sounds like a good idea, maybe list it on teslatap RFE?

3. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Good idea.

Sort of the reverse of this:

Where the car selects "Creep Speed/Acceleration" "Grandma Speed/Acceleration" "Summon Speed/Acceleration" as required.

4. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

Don’t mean to sound rude but how about you drive with a bit more care and attention I mean is chill really gonna stop you knocking a kid of a bike?

• Like x 2
  5. animorph

animorph Member

I'm not sure I would want the car changing controls without warning, or maybe even on one drive. There would be a greater risk of driver confusion. Still, parking lots would be a decent place for an optional chill mode.

6. Tslacg

Tslacg Member

Have you ever tripped? Did you mean to? Accidents happen. Would you rather trip while strolling, or sprinting?

7. Tslacg

Tslacg Member

It would be
    I'd think it would be driver set in specific places. For me, I would remember the change occurs in my neighborhood, parking garage at work, all others would stay in ludicrous.

8. mattack4000

mattack4000 Member

Buy a GT3 RS and use the pit limiter button....