Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Get Amped Tour' Email Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received Fremont email! - Canadian Signature #31

@vger
I assume you must have got yours too.

YES! Thanks for asking, Adhawan. I received mine at 11:02AM PDT. I was away from my desk, but just RSVP'ed now (1:10pm PDT) and got the 12N Sat slot. As others have said, they seem to be far from full, but that may change in the next few hours! Hope to meet many of you there!

I am thinking of driving my Roadster all the way down from BC, just in the spirit of things! :big grin:

Vincent (CDN Signature #2)

Sucks that there's only one southern California event scheduled, it's the second event, and it one of only two events with all the colors. With my P4676 sequence number, it seems unlikely I'll get into the only event that's somewhat close to me.

Ahem. You do realize how lucky all you folks in CA are, as up till now 100% of the launches and big happenings were in your state? How often does anyone buying a car get the chance to see all the colors available on actual cars? Sure, it would be really cool, but for the vast majority of the time it never happens. Truth is, that in CA you're going to have a lot more opportunities for test drives than other people are.

AFAIK, they can't stop you from visiting, only from driving.

It's a "By Invitation" event. Tesla wouldn't be happy with gatecrashers because how would they handle things if there were thousands of them?

Prolly with panic and consternation?

*shrug* pull up a chair a little bit down the block and watch the cars go by?

I've prolly got the wrong idea about where it is located. Maybe I'm thinking of the San Mateo store.

Jason,

I was told that the LA event is at the LA Tesla Design Center, approximately 10 minutes from LAX. I don't know what that means, as I'm from the midwest, but that's what my sales rep said...so that's where I plan to be!

Edit: I'm guessing it's on Santa Monica Blvd (which looks to be closer to 20-25 minutes from LAX).

Last edited:
AFAIK, they can't stop you from visiting, only from driving.

Well, maybe, but the point is, I have a reservation, and I want to test drive. I think with my sequence number, I could probably get one of the 5000 slots somewhere in the country, but I'm anticipating the one event close to me is going to fill up before they get to me.

Truth is, that in CA you're going to have a lot more opportunities for test drives than other people are.

I guess there will probably other test drive opportunities before they ask me to sign a contract, but it makes me antsy with only one event announced in this half of the state.

Jason,

I was told that the LA event is at the LA Tesla Design Center, approximately 10 minutes from LAX. I don't know what that means, as I'm from the midwest, but that's what my sales rep said...so that's where I plan to be!

Edit: I'm guessing it's on Santa Monica Blvd (which looks to be closer to 20-25 minutes from LAX).

The design center is where they did the ModelX reveal. It's on the south side of Hawthorne Airport, next door to SpaceX. The "10 minutes" is very VERY dependent on time-of-day... the on-ramps to the 110 freeway choke up something terrible.

Jason,

Thanks. Sounds like no factory tour then. I hope they offer that later.

Well, maybe, but the point is, I have a reservation, and I want to test drive. I think with my sequence number, I could probably get one of the 5000 slots somewhere in the country, but I'm anticipating the one event close to me is going to fill up before they get to me.

I guess there will probably other test drive opportunities before they ask me to sign a contract, but it makes me antsy with only one event announced in this half of the state.
HOLD THE DOOR... you show your location as San Diego. So you'd be going to the LA event.

There are no emails going out for the LA event yet. With a mid-4000 production reservation you still have a chance.