Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Portland, OR, 7/20 - 7/22

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't want Portland people to feel left out, so I started this thread. I'll be there for sure. I haven't yet received an invitation, but just today I received an invitation to the Seattle event, so I suspect we'll see PDX event invitations in a couple of weeks.

There's already another thread about the store (not yet open), but I'm assuming the PDX store will open as part of this event.

So ... who else plans to be there?

Last edited:
Still haven't gotten my Seattle invitation.. Hmm.
It's a very safe bet that the store will open the weekend of the test drives. I can't even speculate about the location of the test drives.

Edit: It was there at 7:29, just in the spam folder. I gotta check that more than twice a day now? :)

Last edited:
I will also be there! During my conversation with GeorgeB at the Fremont event he estimated that he test drive event would be on opening weekend and that he would be there (he goes to all the store openings). I'm not sure quite yet who will be with me. A couple of friends have expressed interest in riding along but they're not sure if they're going to be free yet.

I'm hoping that the test drives aren't right there by the mall. From what I remember 217 can be a real pain, especially right by the mall.

My wife and I will definitely be there. I think there are three events that weekend so there may not be as many cars at each. I am also concerned that there is no good place near Washington square to stretch it out at all. We'll see.

That would be very nice. A little trip on the road to get a little used to things followed by a lap or two!

That would be fun, and I just can't think of any series of roads around Washington Square that would add up to what they want in a test drive... particularly the acceleration part of it. Though you do want common highway, rough road, and common cornering too. All track wouldn't be real-world.

Maybe East of the airport including some of the newer industrial, plus Marine Drive.
Or to appease the tech wealth, keep it out towards Hillsboro, and use portions of West 26.
Hmmm.

I'll be there. I really hope the 5 cars include Blue and Gray.

I want to see the Sycamore Brown, White Water Pearl, and Black. I have a pearl white car now, which is very nice, but it would be interesting to put a straight Catalina White next to the pearl and see if its really worth the extra $ for the pearl.

Are you thinking the Dolphin Gray vs. the Starlight Silver?

I want to see the Sycamore Brown, White Water Pearl, and Black. I have a pearl white car now, which is very nice, but it would be interesting to put a straight Catalina White next to the pearl and see if its really worth the extra $ for the pearl.

Are you thinking the Dolphin Gray vs. the Starlight Silver?

Pearl White, Black, Silver have already been making the rounds as Betas, so I hope they can bring the colors that have not been on showcase in the stores up until recently. Considering I'm torn between Blue or the Dolphin Gray it's a must that I see them in person before making a decision. So if they're not at the Portland Get Amped event, I'll be forced to make a trip down to Fremont.

Blue is my other choice (although I currently have a Blue car so I am looking for a bit of a change). More than colors though, I really want to see various different interior accent material options. It's really hard for me to get an idea of what they look like from a very small image on a web site.