TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Getting a crackly sound from front driverside speaker...

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by AluminiumStork, Jan 9, 2015.

1. AluminiumStork

Anyone else encounter this issue? It does it when it wants to 9heard it 3 times but once the radio comes on it disappears... so I am keeping my phone ready to record it cause Murphy's law states that Tesla will not be able to replicate it when I take it in...

2. benjiejr

benjiejr Technogeekextraordinaire

I am getting this too. Have a technician visiting me in 30 minutes for some other minor things and will also mention this.

3. Forty Creek

Forty Creek Member

I have had that same sound several times, but not in the past couple of months. Somewhere on a thread it was suggested that the noise was interference from certain cell phones. Come to think of it, mine was a Iphone 4s at the time and I switched to the Iphone 6 in November. Haven't heard the crackling sound since. Perhaps this is a coincidence?

4. Majerus

Majerus Member

My tweeter does this, I really should get on the service center to fix it as it has made weird sounds since day one.

5. benjiejr

benjiejr Technogeekextraordinaire

Update... the service technician checked it out this morning and said that Tesla is aware of it. He said it was fixable via a software update coming soon or possibly in 6.1. I haven't tested it much, but it actually seems to have gone away after 6.1. *fingers crossed*

6. dkat

dkat New Member

Mine does this too. Started recently. Happens on all audio formats. Iphone6

7. anxman

anxman Member

I'm experiencing this on my P85D and I also experienced this on my 2013 P85.

8. TTT

TTT Member

Glad to hear this may be fixed. Yes, this has been a known issue

RF (Radio Frequency) Interfearance - Cell Phone - Stereo amp