Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting an Odd Error Message 2nite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything was fine all day and tonight I went to check the status and received the error message. Never received it in the past even when the software was updating.

Tesla Error Message (09-02-19).jpg

Reactions: Phlier
If they have an issue or planned maintenance they really should send out a mass e-mailing to all owners and let them know there's an issue or planned maint. and an estimated time when it should be resolved. Mine's been down since 3 this afternoon.

I don't think it really matters for most people. After all, it doesn't impact your phone-as-a-key unlock. It's just a minor inconvenience. You can still walk up to your car, get in, and drive it.

This does seem like a peculiarly long outage, though.

Considering this is the first time I have seen this message in over a year of Tesla ownership, when with my Nissan LEAF it would happen every couple of weeks (albeit without the nice message...the app would just fail to update), I'd say it's a testament to the robustness of the Tesla system that so many people are freaking out about it now! With Nissan, this would just be the third Tuesday of the month!