Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting windows tinted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a mobile tint guy coming today recommended by my brother that is giving me an awesome deal for Suntek CXP tint all the way around (dark) and then also on the panoramic roof that will be clear-ish, just adding more heat block. My question is, do you tip for such a service? I've never dealt with mobile service, have always taken my cars in to basic tint shops. Anything I should tell him to look out for? Is this particular brand/type good?

T.I.A.

I suppose depending on how "killer" of a deal you're getting, and how happy/satisfied you are with the end result should be the determining factor on whether to tip or not, and how much if so....

Case in point, i hired a guy to clear my overgrown backyard on my hillside property (about 6500 sqft) for his quoted price of $500 and he did just a fantastic job (and literally spent 3 days pulling roots), I tipped him $100 bucks on top.

Not exactly the same thing but you get the idea. If hes taking a hose to the price and making it up on labor, Id give him some money on top. Without knowing what this "killer" deal is, its hard to say how much, etc and how to tip.

Reactions: Vip
. I went with 3M all around and their crystalline series on the front windshield. Came out perfect. Not too dark and cuts a lot of the heat now.

I tried to get 3M crytalline installed in my van. The quote was high. $750 for front windshield and side windows plus non-3M for sliding door and rear. The guy claimed the windshield alone was $300 just for the crystalline film. Would you be willing to share your cost?