Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Giga Berlin Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UrbanSplash

Nov 10, 2019
UK
Anyone spot any differences to MIC?!

Does that look like a parcel shelf rail? :)

BE0455E4-DC49-4D7B-BDE7-47E37C85E2ED.jpeg

Hopefully we get some pics of customer cars soon….

Edit: yep already some videos on YouTube. TeslaMag.de. You can certainly see the fabled parcel shelf

8A88B85A-3D73-43A0-9CD8-C4A51B3C7A09.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: drumkills
We should finally be back to bonnet, because that's what the car and app now show it as.
Yes ... though the bonnet is just the lid itself ... as per the US "hood". If there's a small item that needs to be stowed I just say "I'll stick it in the front". If I want to be humorous I'll call it "the curry boot" ... 'cause that's the best location for transporting a takeaway curry without stinking up the car!

Yes ... though the bonnet is just the lid itself ... as per the US "hood". If there's a small item that needs to be stowed I just say "I'll stick it in the front". If I want to be humorous I'll call it "the curry boot" ... 'cause that's the best location for transporting a takeaway curry without stinking up the car!

Shouldn't the app in the USA say hood and not frunk, so after all that the word frunk was never needed anyway.

Shouldn't the app in the USA say hood and not frunk, so after all that the word frunk was never needed anyway.
It's because some people insist that the bonnet or hood name should only ever be used to describe the lid that covers the actual ICE ... I'm not one of them. In truth I don't think it's an issue whatever we call it ... so long as we know what we mean it's not a problem! I'll even accept "frunk" ... it's an American car after all (no matter where it's built).

I wonder if they will sell those side pieces + parcel shelf to retrofit at some point. I am guessing it all just clips on all be it quite a big piece
Of course it is possible the next MiC batch to arrive will have it. Wasn't the parcel shelf first pictured in China? but you know Tesla would want to use up all the existing mouldings before switching so at some point they will just randomly start to show up with that unannounced