Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass Frozen - be careful!! - Credit card needed to shut Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all be careful tonight into tomorrow : we went out for dinner in our ICE car tonight, as I came back and walked past my model x (it is not garaged)... I forgot the key was in my pocket! The front door auto presented! However the window did not slide down as it normally does... and I almost broke the glass trying to shut the door!!!! The rubber gasket was frozen solid to the glass. I had to run into the house, grab a credit card and slide it between the door rubber gasket and the glass to dislodge the frozen ice and then move the glass manually to shut the door. I’m worried tomorrow morning is gonna be the same issue with the freezing temps! Credit card trick works .... although you may have to order a new one as it goes rip it up a bit.
Cheers and stay warm!!!

I rarely have to park outside in very cold temperatures, do you find this necessary? You just spray the rubber gaskets around the window?

I'll be heading to Vermont in February where I expect it to be pretty cold, wondering if I should get a can to prepare.

Amazon or hardware store. I sprayed into a microfiber and applied to rubber seals all around the windows. I sprayed directly into door handles and rear view mirrors. It definitely worked to a degree.

11 degrees here today. Parked outside for a few hours this evening. Came back to car and glass was frozen to window seals and mirrors were frozen solid - wouldn’t pivot out had to force them by hand.

Don’t Tesla have a winter testing facility? Never had this issue on previous cars in these weather conditions.