Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

glass roof marked up...can't remove spots?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i can't seem to get rid of these spots all over my roof. they are definitely on the exterior of the glass, they don't feel like the glass is etched, but after washing my car a few times they won't go away. does anyone else have this issue? i plan to bring up to Tesla when i bring it in for service soon.
glassroof.jpg

i can't seem to get rid of these spots all over my roof. they are definitely on the exterior of the glass, they don't feel like the glass is etched, but after washing my car a few times they won't go away. does anyone else have this issue? i plan to bring up to Tesla when i bring it in for service soon.View attachment 330644
Try a clay bar. I've had good luck removing similar spots (I think it's hard water).

Reactions: Kleenerth3
i will try, but i really don't think hard water stains a new glass like this? i tried cleaing several times, hard water should come off with soaps and then glass cleaner...no?
Not necessarily. It depends on what the deposit consist of. Obviously some time of mineral but it can vary. I have had to use a clay bar and/or a glass polish to remove stubborn hard water spots.

That said, I don't think those are hard water spots.