Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glimpse of M3 Assemble Line?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if the article is Tesla positive it’s real news and if it’s Tesla negative it is fake news. Got it
If I really have to explain to you why CNN, the New York Times and NBC is real news and Seeking Alpha is toilet paper, then you obviously need to enroll in your high school’s journalism class. They will teach you the basics of boring stuff like editorial standards. And stop listening to the Tweeterer in Chief.

Also, please record one full cycle of a car. In other words, record at least until the next car reaches the point where the car in front of it was when you started recording. This would give us an idea of how many cars are coming off the line per hour/day/week.
About half a car passes a fixed point in ~ 3 seconds.
That is frightfully fast, but of course we do not know what fraction of the day the line progresses at that speed. 100 cars a day works out to an average pace of 432 seconds per half car throughput. I imagine we are seeing in this video the rate the car is sent to the next station, but we have no idea how long it stays at a station.

5 minute videos taken at different times of the day and night would be very informative

Last edited:
If I really have to explain to you why CNN, the New York Times and NBC is real news and Seeking Alpha is toilet paper, then you obviously need to enroll in your high school’s journalism class. They will teach you the basics of boring stuff like editorial standards. And stop listening to the Tweeterer in Chief.

CNN,NYT,NBC, hahahah right top notch journalist. Please provide a link where either one of these fine journalist websites have actually broken down and written an article on Tesla's Q3 financial report, or any of Tesla's financial reports.

And far as listening to tweets right I should listen to some guy who tweets Tesla Semi – it “will blow your mind clear out of your skull and into an alternate dimension.”

CNN,NYT,NBC, hahahah right top notch journalist. Please provide a link where either one of these fine journalist websites have actually broken down and written an article on Tesla's Q3 financial report, or any of Tesla's financial reports.

And far as listening to tweets right I should listen to some guy who tweets Tesla Semi – it “will blow your mind clear out of your skull and into an alternate dimension.”
So in your mind a newspaper not running a non-story is a sign of poor journalism?

About half a car passes a fixed point in ~ 3 seconds.
That is frightfully fast, but of course we do not know what fraction of the day the line progresses at that speed. 100 cars a day works out to an average pace of 432 seconds per half car throughput. I imagine we are seeing in this video the rate the car is sent to the next station, but we have no idea how long it stays at a station.

5 minute videos taken at different times of the day and night would be very informative

FYI, the clip shows one car passing over. After each car, the line pauses for a minute before rolling over to the next car. Well this was the first time I saw it move during my weekend visits. I Wouldn't take this to determine any realistic estimates of the production rate yet. I would ask other frequent visitors to this SC to try and get clips at other days/times.

There is one detail in the Tesla truck photo I find interesting: little gap between the cabin and the trailer.
I wonder how they engineer around what has been to date a marked reduction in maneuvering flexibility.
Not to deviate off-topic, but the photo isn't really a photo, it's just a render. Anyone can make a render look like whatever they want that doesn't reflect reality. The short video isn't realistic either as it does not articulate properly between the truck and trailer.

Yes, I'm sure they are aiming for fairly tight gap between truck and trailer as this gap is significant aerodynamic drag area. I'm sure they really didn't do anything different other than optimize the truck and trailer combination together. In reality it most likely does not need to be as close as it shows in the render. The gap could actually be fairly large, but then be closed with outer fairings at the edges and top. Guess we will see tonight what they envision.

Last edited:
FYI that window was not frosted before until they started building the model 3 line. after this thread, they will probably frost the rest of the glass.

And everyone's favorite peephole is now closed.

20171119_064352.jpg

Heard much more BS from those "journalism classed CNN, NYT, NBC" than from Elon. Sure, Elon can be accused of overly aggressive setting up of goals (timelines, due dates, products still under development). Setting a high bar for achievement, I say.

So I assume your comment about toilet paper refers to CNN, NYT, NBC, etc. lack of editorial standards?
An example, for me, is the constant complaining about Tesla "losing money" - can't any of these people read a "Profit and Loss" statement nor an "Annual Report"? Sadly most college graduates never learned to read these basic business documents. You can learn. It really isn't that difficult. hint use internet search and learn the terminology/definitions of business terms.

Meanwhile the greatest/wealthiest Empire the world has ever known can no longer "afford" to educate its youth nor provide health care (which most of the rest of the developed world considers basic human rights).

And we can't seem to stop spending for wars on terror, banned drugs (lead to 1 of 4 prisoner kept in US jails for a paltry $50,000 or more/year) ... well let us worry about "real problems" such as Elon's tweets.

oops, sorry for off topic comments

Last edited: