Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Global Time Attack Road Atlanta Build - May 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been invited to run the Global Time Attack at Road Atlanta in May. Very excited but I have a lot of planning to do and parts to swap out. Basically everything from SPL and MPP has to come off. Disappointing yes, but this is the enthusiast class and I can see why the event wants to keep the vehicles as OEM as possible. I'm posting this hoping some of you can give me suggestions on parts and tires that will keep the car competitive in its class.

TIRES. 220tw or higher and 255 max width. Lame but again this is an Enthusiast class. Planning on bringing three sets of tires. 255/45/19 Michelin PS4S, Bridgestone Potenza S007A and Pirelli P Zero. I've heard Federal 595 RS-R are a decent tire, but I don't know anyone who has ran those exact tires on a MP3.

SUSPENSION. The rules are clear, Solid bushings or “Heim” style bushings not allowed unless OEM, are prohibited. If I read this correctly, all SPL and MPP parts have to come off. This means installing all the OEM parts I took off last year. Not a big deal, but adjustability goes down at lot. Second suspension rule is only 1 way dampers allowed. IMO I've selected the best 1 way track dampers available, MCS 1WNR with 800/1000lb springs. The problem with these damper is the front upper mount is spherical. This might be an issue.

AERO. Using Maier racing front splitter and Maier 7'' rear spoiler. You're only allowed one type of front aero and one rear aero. So in my case I can't add a diffuser.

BRAKES. Rules say nothing about aftermarket rotors or pads, so we are good in this category. Using MPP front and rear rotors with XT970 pads all around. I may bring a set of Endless pads to test.

Looking into polyurethane bushing made here in Texas by Energy Suspension Parts. I will report back if they can help with this build.

Attachments

• 2020-GTA-Enthusiast-Rules.pdf
    116.7 KB · Views: 107
I've been invited to run the Global Time Attack at Road Atlanta in May. Very excited but I have a lot of planning to do and parts to swap out. Basically everything from SPL and MPP has to come off. Disappointing yes, but this is the enthusiast class and I can see why the event wants to keep the vehicles as OEM as possible. I'm posting this hoping some of you can give me suggestions on parts and tires that will keep the car competitive in its class.

TIRES. 220tw or higher and 255 max width. Lame but again this is an Enthusiast class. Planning on bringing three sets of tires. 255/45/19 Michelin PS4S, Bridgestone Potenza S007A and Pirelli P Zero. I've heard Federal 595 RS-R are a decent tire, but I don't know anyone who has ran those exact tires on a MP3.

SUSPENSION. The rules are clear, Solid bushings or “Heim” style bushings not allowed unless OEM, are prohibited. If I read this correctly, all SPL and MPP parts have to come off. This means installing all the OEM parts I took off last year. Not a big deal, but adjustability goes down at lot. Second suspension rule is only 1 way dampers allowed. IMO I've selected the best 1 way track dampers available, MCS 1WNR with 800/1000lb springs. The problem with these damper is the front upper mount is spherical. This might be an issue.

AERO. Using Maier racing front splitter and Maier 7'' rear spoiler. You're only allowed one type of front aero and one rear aero. So in my case I can't add a diffuser.

BRAKES. Rules say nothing about aftermarket rotors or pads, so we are good in this category. Using MPP front and rear rotors with XT970 pads all around. I may bring a set of Endless pads to test.

Looking into polyurethane bushing made here in Texas by Energy Suspension Parts. I will report back if they can help with this build.

Not sure if you meant to say 255 / 45 in a 19 inch size but I don't believe those tires will clear the front steering knuckle. I suspect you meant 255 / 40, which is only slightly larger then the stock rolling diameter tires and which can be accommodated.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing but removing the rebound adjustment knob. Do you know which knob is easier to remove? Compression or rebound?
If you wanted to do it DIY then you could just epoxy the rebound knob pretty easily. Might even be able to carefully undo it later.

If you wanted to get MPP to make you another set of shocks just have them make the comforts with the adjustable shaft from the sports which would get you rebound adjustment.