Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GM IS DOING WHAT?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GM dealerships did have Level 2 EVSEs many years ago. Here's the PlugShare entry for a GMC/Buick dealership near me, showing the first checkin occurred in 2013. There's a Chevy dealership across the street that also had a Level 2 EVSE installed at about the same time; however, PlugShare has truncated its checkin history, probably because that dealership upgraded and moved its EVSE to a different location on the property. I leased a Chevy Volt from this dealership in 2016, and I or the dealership charged that car there from time to time -- mostly after routine maintenance visits.

If you read the article, and GM's official statements on the matter, this announcement is not about installing EVSEs at GM dealerships; it's about GM sponsoring the installation of EVSEs at workplaces, parks, etc. They're expanding the reach of public Level 2 charging, and there's plenty of need for that expansion right now, so there's no need to be snide about it.
My fault - I stopped reading after the fourth paragraph and missed the part about the dealerships partnering with local high visibility workplaces to install L2 charging.

And yes - well aware of the previous L2 charging campaign from back in the Chevy Volt days. I wish they'd done more with that rollout, installing larger than 16 amp units and making them more accessible to the general public once the Bolt came onto the scene.

And yes - well aware of the previous L2 charging campaign from back in the Chevy Volt days. I wish they'd done more with that rollout, installing larger than 16 amp units and making them more accessible to the general public once the Bolt came onto the scene.
Those two issues are basically the upgrade I mentioned at my local Chevy dealer -- they replaced the 16-amp EVSE with a 30- or 32-amp one, and moved it from the inside service area to an outside wall.