Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The competition has completely crushed Tesla FSD (AP).

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But it doesnt any more .. and the new code is far less likely to phantom brake etc (you might notice how the posts about phantom braking have dropped off here since Tesla moved to using the FSDb stack for AP).
Yes, the phantom braking problem virtually does not exist for me since some time in the spring. However, the phantom braking was virtually eliminated on both my cars, one with the FSD and another one with the AP. The FSD shows more, and more on highways, changes lanes, changes highways, etc., but for driving in one lane I see no difference in AP and FSD behavior. So I wonder if claims of how they are different have any specific examples of how the behave differently.

In the meantime, the PR attack on Tesla continues today with this WaPo article https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/12/31/tesla-autopilot-recall-test/
This is the first paragraph: "Last weekend, my Tesla Model Y received an over-the-air update to make its driver-assistance software safer. In my first test drive of the updated Tesla, it blew through two stop signs without even slowing down." Yes, the author talks about the AutoPilot, not the FSD. So, if I set my Honda's lane-keeping ACC on a local street, should I blame Honda when the car does not stop at a stop sign? In my opinion, these attacks challenge basic brain functions.

In the meantime, the PR attack on Tesla continues today with this WaPo article https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/12/31/tesla-autopilot-recall-test/
This is the first paragraph: "Last weekend, my Tesla Model Y received an over-the-air update to make its driver-assistance software safer. In my first test drive of the updated Tesla, it blew through two stop signs without even slowing down." Yes, the author talks about the AutoPilot, not the FSD. So, if I set my Honda's lane-keeping ACC on a local street, should I blame Honda when the car does not stop at a stop sign? In my opinion, these attacks challenge basic brain functions.
Well, I think you've provided yourself one example of how AP and FSD differ when driving down a single lane road. AP doesn't stop for traffic control devices. FSD does.

Yes, the phantom braking problem virtually does not exist for me since some time in the spring. However, the phantom braking was virtually eliminated on both my cars, one with the FSD and another one with the AP. The FSD shows more, and more on highways, changes lanes, changes highways, etc., but for driving in one lane I see no difference in AP and FSD behavior. So I wonder if claims of how they are different have any specific examples of how the behave differently.
I'm not sure if you mean your cars are running different software versions or if you mean one has FSDb and the other does not. If the latter, then you are still using the new FSD stack for running AP, and so will benefit from the far better visual system (and hence the better braking behavior). The old pre-FSD stack is basically gone now .. everyone has the same vision stack.

I'm not sure if you mean your cars are running different software versions or if you mean one has FSDb and the other does not. If the latter, then you are still using the new FSD stack for running AP, and so will benefit from the far better visual system (and hence the better braking behavior). The old pre-FSD stack is basically gone now .. everyone has the same vision stack.
I am on the same 2023.44.30.1 with one car FSDb and another one AP only. I really can't see or feel any difference in highway driving behavior between the two unless I specifically use FSDb functions.

I am on the same 2023.44.30.1 with one car FSDb and another one AP only. I really can't see or feel any difference in highway driving behavior between the two unless I specifically use FSDb functions.
Exactly, that was always the plan; to retire the old stack and use the new vision stack for all AP functions. The only difference between cars with or w/o FSD is the addition of city street driving functionality.

Reactions: alexgr