Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GM just adopted NACS 🤯🤯🤯

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From listening it seems to be a very similar deal as to Ford. I'm assuming exactly the same.
Yep, seems exactly the same: (at least as far as consumers see/care.)
  • Access to 12,000+ Superchargers early next year. (Ford specifically said V3, so that probably applies to GM as well.)
  • NACS to CCS1 adapter available to existing GM vehicles in early Spring, 2024.
  • GM switching vehicles to only have a NACS inlet in 2025. (So likely for model year 2026 vehicles.)
  • CCS1 to NACS adapter will be available for the new model year 2026 vehicles. (Probably the same one Tesla sells now, but maybe Ford/GM branded?)

Dang. CCS2 is dying, dying, ... But sounds like I will never get to use my CCS2 adapter I had shipped from Korea last year. o_O

I hope Ford and GM are both kicking in substantial sums to build out the network. I wonder if VW will try to get out of having to build more Electrify America CCS2 installs?

Glad I bought more TSLA.

Last edited:
Dang. CCS2 is dying, dying, ...

I hope Ford and GM are both kicking in substantial sums to build out the network.

Glad I bought more TSLA. But sounds like I will never get to use my CCS2 adapter I had shipped from Korea last year. o_O

I wonder if VW will try to get out of having to build more Electrify America CCS2 installs?
CCS1

CCS2 is in Europe and it’s use is mandated by the government so it’s very much alive.

1686260815296.gif

I think that’s it for CCS1 then. Sweet, may make my plans to get a Taycan in the nearish future feasible.

Reactions: DblOSmith
Yep, seems exactly the same: (at least as far as consumers see/care.)
  • Access to 12,000+ Superchargers early next year. (Ford specifically said V3, so that probably applies to GM as well.)
  • NACS to CCS1 adapter available to existing GM vehicles in early Spring, 2024.
  • GM switching vehicles to only have a NACS inlet in 2025. (So likely for model year 2026 vehicles.)
  • CCS1 to NACS adapter will be available for the new model year 2026 vehicles. (Probably the same one Tesla sells now, but maybe Ford/GM branded?)
OK so now GM and Ford get access to 12,000 V3 Superchargers.

How may V3 Superchargers are there total in North America right now ?

Not really.

Technically we are using Type 1 CCS2. Europe uses Type 2 CCS2.

CCS1 vs. CCS2 is related to the specs. For example, I think CCS2 added support for 1000v and 500A.
No.

CCS1 refers to combo 1 which is type 1 connector (J1772) plus the DC pins.

CCS2 refers to combo 2 which is type 2 connector (Mennekes) plus the DC pins.

Yes there is a version 1.0 and 2.0 of the CCS specification but that is not what CCS1 and CCS2 refers to.