Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Go Ahead -- Grade my Vanity Plate Idea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being a Star Trek (Spock) fan, I tried for various versions of that in Colorado but all were already taken. :(

It finally came in. Mr. Spock and Information Society would be proud!

IMG_1522.jpg

Whats worse than the slang version of my name in the UK, is the characters in TV and Movies with my name. They are ALL retards.
My Name is Earl was the epitome of this, but every time I see a commercial or cartoon and they need a jester his name is mine.

Not sure if this was posted before, but I like the idea of making it hard for the cops and toll takers to read your plate. Saw this going thru Antioch, CA:

AFC6BA96-483E-43D3-B738-A77E6BF00CEE.jpeg

Then I saw this one this week, also in Antioch. I don't live there, but a lot of people who don't like cops seem to. The camera was bouncing too much to get a clear shot, but the plate read OOCCCOO:

C4BD72EE-E382-4C53-A9E3-77264359B3D1_1_201_a.jpeg

Not sure if this was posted before, but I like the idea of making it hard for the cops and toll takers to read your plate. Then I saw this one this week, also in Antioch. I don't live there, but a lot of people who don't like cops seem to. The camera was bouncing too much to get a clear shot, but the plate read OOCCCOO:
I think you underestimate the technology of plate readers.

I wanted to get a plate consisting of a random sequence of O's and 0's but California uses O's as 0's. Bummer.

It really would be stupid of the DMV to have both Os and 0s in license plates. If, say, JACKO and JACK0 were distinct plates, policing would be impossible. Some folks might like that. But it defeats the point of license plates in the first place.

The only vanity plate I was ever really happy with was my ham radio call sign. I quit using that (though I could have continued) when I stopped being active as a ham. Here in HI I get a special EV license plate which I like better than a vanity plate.

My mother had a plate with the name of her favorite 19th-century author, and so people thought that was her name.

It really would be stupid of the DMV to have both Os and 0s in license plates. If, say, JACKO and JACK0 were distinct plates, policing would be impossible. Some folks might like that. But it defeats the point of license plates in the first place.

The only vanity plate I was ever really happy with was my ham radio call sign. I quit using that (though I could have continued) when I stopped being active as a ham. Here in HI I get a special EV license plate which I like better than a vanity plate.

My mother had a plate with the name of her favorite 19th-century author, and so people thought that was her name.
Yes, it would be stupid of a state to offer O and 0. But it could get me out of a ticket. :)

Yes, it would be stupid of a state to offer O and 0. But it could get me out of a ticket. :)

I have a great and really sneaky way to avoid tickets: I follow the traffic laws. At least close enough to be within the grace region. Generally 5 mph over the limit, or following the flow of traffic. This tricks the cops into ignoring me. ;)