Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GOE3 plans charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"The charger soon will be able to also fast-charge Tesla electric cars, which draw more juice for a range of up to 200 miles, but GOe3 is awaiting finalization of a U.S.-standard plug for those vehicles," Bricacombe said.

My guess is he is waiting for Tesla to make a Chademo adapter.

"The charger soon will be able to also fast-charge Tesla electric cars, which draw more juice for a range of up to 200 miles, but GOe3 is awaiting finalization of a U.S.-standard plug for those vehicles," Bricacombe said.

My guess is he is waiting for Tesla to make a Chademo adapter.

Or a CCS adaptor. The GOe3 stations support both. But also they would be willing to add a Tesla plug as well, and they've contacted Tesla about it. It doesn't mean that something is actually happening.

Or a CCS adaptor. The GOe3 stations support both. But also they would be willing to add a Tesla plug as well, and they've contacted Tesla about it. It doesn't mean that something is actually happening.

It seems odd they would report that Tesla charging would be available soon if they had nothing in the works. Also, they even report that a pricing system for Tesla is in place. GOe3 seems confident about their ability to charge Tesla's soon, so I can only hope this will help 3rd party solutions.

It seems odd they would report that Tesla charging would be available soon if they had nothing in the works. Also, they even report that a pricing system for Tesla is in place. GOe3 seems confident about their ability to charge Tesla's soon, so I can only hope this will help 3rd party solutions.

Take a gander at GOe3's website and it won't seem too odd. Poorly designed, not much info, lots of text with really bad "business speak" (Scott Adams could have some fun with that...), and the map on the "Plans" page is very crude (although it looks like they made some updates over the last week -- the timeline comments no longer show lorem ipsum, and it now says they are planning chargers every ~45 miles on the blue routes)...

I really wish them luck though -- a charger network based in AZ that includes DC fast chargers every 45 miles on the interstates in AZ opens up a bunch of the state to EVs. And if Tesla releases a reasonably priced CCS adapter for the Model S, this is only good news for us...

Source is the article I have linked in my post above.

Thanks for the response. Like others I was thinking that the statement might be interpreted to simply mean that they are waiting for Tesla to provide adapters to CHAdeMO or SAE combo, rather than contacting Tesla for permission to install a Tesla connector.

Larry

Last edited:
I really wish them luck though -- a charger network based in AZ that includes DC fast chargers every 45 miles on the interstates in AZ opens up a bunch of the state to EVs. And if Tesla releases a reasonably priced CCS adapter for the Model S, this is only good news for us...

I wish them luck as well. However, without widespread EVs that travel much more that 70 miles on a charge, and really fast chargers, I really wonder if it will be feasible to the majority of EV drivers to regularly take road trips. Say you own a Leaf and drive at typical posted highway speeds. You would have to stop for a charge in less than a hour. Then it would take you about a half hour to charge. So you would be adding 50% to your travel time to accommodate charging. With that limitation that is not going to open up the state for EVs, at least not to those that are regular long distance travelers.

Even Model S owners might suffer inconviences. After driving less than three hours it would take at least an hour to gain suffient range (50%). Better than a Leaf, but not all that great.

Larry

Link: GoE3 to Install Coast-to-Coast Quick Charger Network in 4 Years Time - SAE CCS, CHAdeMO and Tesla (w/videos) | Inside EVs

E3Go.jpg