Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going to Falcon Heavy launch discussion

Do you plan to see the launch?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if this will be the launch the referral award will be redeemable for? And where would the viewing area be?

Maybe they'll hold off until the next FH launch for that since the date is so fluid.

My guess is the award will be one of the upcoming real payloads on the manifest with a fixed date (but could be short notice for this launch also). Based on literature, this Roadster launch is package only admission and will have Tesla products on display in the Visitor Center. They may take over the Apollo/ Saturn V site (closest safe area) similar to "Feel the Heat", or the whole complex.

Wow - KSC is really scalping people on those tickets.
I don’t agree. The ticket includes a long list of things, see the “Inclusions” list (some obviously worth more than others) and the ticket is good for as many launch attempts as it takes before either success or a RUD.

Inclusions:
  • Apollo/Saturn V Center (ASVC) Launch Viewing, the closest you can get to the launch pad
  • 2-Day admission to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
  • Exclusive Shuttle Landing Facility Experience including seeing the final wheel stop for STS-135, space shuttle Atlantis
  • Catered meal
  • (2) Drink tickets
  • Champagne toast with commemorative glass
  • SpaceX hat
  • Digital photo at ASVC
  • Vehicle placard, required for visitor complex parking

Reactions: Xenius and mongo
Well, at least it only costs us extra hotel and rental days, and not additional admission/ bus fees. :confused:
No work? If i have to take off work and leave Texas, launch is delayed 1 day, not so bad. If it gets delayed 3 days WTF do I do? it's a 2 day round trip to Texas so thats 2/3 of the delay, no vacation left, etc. Guess I'll have to look up the overall 1st attempt success rate and go from there.

each delay costs 2-3 days vacation time depending on launch day.

Last edited:
No work? If i have to take off work and leave Texas, launch is delayed 1 day, not so bad. If it gets delayed 3 days WTF do I do? it's a 2 day round trip to Texas so thats 2/3 of the delay, no vacation left, etc. Guess I'll have to look up the overall 1st attempt success rate and go from there.

If I have my laptop, I can work. Planning a week trip regardless, 1-2 days down, launch (2-3), 1-2 days back. More concerned with weather and government budget than technical problems.
With funding till the 8th, and earnings on the 7th, maybe they'll launch early in the week to give buffer days? Or wait till the 8th just in case...

I don’t agree. The ticket includes a long list of things, see the “Inclusions” list (some obviously worth more than others) and the ticket is good for as many launch attempts as it takes before either success or a RUD.

Inclusions:
  • Apollo/Saturn V Center (ASVC) Launch Viewing, the closest you can get to the launch pad
  • 2-Day admission to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
  • Exclusive Shuttle Landing Facility Experience including seeing the final wheel stop for STS-135, space shuttle Atlantis
  • Catered meal
  • (2) Drink tickets
  • Champagne toast with commemorative glass
  • SpaceX hat
  • Digital photo at ASVC
  • Vehicle placard, required for visitor complex parking
I'm thinking from my perspective and kids and yearly membership center members like myself:

bus tour to site - free if launch is in business hours,
entrance fee - yearly member so free for me,
shuttle gig would be cool,
food/drink/champagne - wouldn't get it normally,
hat - cool,
photo - nope,
parking $10

The other options are better value - but not if you are a yearly member.
I'd check the small print as to whether it is good for as many attempts as it takes. Under normal scrub conditions, your pass is only good for the next attempt.

I'm thinking from my perspective and kids and yearly membership center members like myself:

hat - cool,
photo - nope,
parking $10

I'd check the small print as to whether it is good for as many attempts as it takes. Under normal scrub conditions, your pass is only good for the next attempt.

You only get food the first two attempts (if scrub is after KSC opens), but are admitted for each attempt until they actually launch.
Linky

hat - cool,
photo - nope,
parking $10

Well, at least you get a 10% discount.

Could use some clever workarounds to get past those KSC E-ticket prices. I've given up on the crazy notion of parlaying my SPACEX plate and also wearing my space auction purchased official KSC badge. On the other hand, Roadster owners might have a better option, especially if it's red. Might ease up to a security checkpoint and boldly declare....Just lemme in, SpaceX is preparing to stack the payload.