Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Golf clubs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bob_p

Apr 5, 2012
Can anyone who has already received their Model S confirm if they've transported golf clubs (in a golf bag)?

Elsewhere on the forum, someone mentioned they couldn't get their driver into the frunk (even though the Tesla store folks thought that was possible).

Can golf clubs (in a bag), including the driver, fit sideways in the trunk?

How many golf bags do you think can fit back there? Some cars claim 2 - some claim 4 - how well does the Model S do with golf clubs?

Of course, if you fold down the rear seats - then it's not a problem - but it would be nice if you can hold 4 golf clubs/bags - and have 4 passengers...

Thanks...

I was curious, so I tested it, although I only have one golf bag.
I could fit a 3 wood in the frunk, but there is no way a driver would fit.

Between the wheel wells in the trunk you can't put clubs sideways. But you can put them in at an angle.
Behind the wheel wells on bag will fit sideways. My set, without the driver, fit nicely with at least six inches to spare, so I am sure it would fit with a driver.
Two bags should fit on the base of the trunk pretty easily at an angle. From what I saw, if you are willing to stack 2 bags on top of the first two bags it should work.
The bag I have is a mid sized Calloway bag with stand. Hope that helps:)

That confirms what I suspected - that the car is a little narrower than my LS 460. With the 460, I can get 4 golf bags in the trunk - sideways - and still have room for several extra bags or luggage between the bags and the back of the seats.

When taking a test drive yesterday - I sat in the back seat with 2 other adults for the first time - and it was extremely tight - feeling tighter than the rear seat of my LS - which led me to concerns that the trunk was also just a little bit narrower - and would hold golf clubs.

I wonder if 4 golf bags can fit - with one side of the rear seats folded down - and with the golf bags put in lengthwise. That's not optimal - might work. Would really prefer not to have to take out all of the drivers just to get the clubs in the car...

I'll add it to my list of "not optimal" features that I'm reviewing as I get ready to press the "Finalize" button...

Perhaps I was unclear. I do believe 4 golf club bags would fit.
If you really want to find out, take four bags to the Tesla store and try them out.

Lots of room under the trunk and in the frunk for other cargo besides golf bags.

Haven't had much time to play golf lately (reflected in my rising handicap :)) but three golf buddies dragged me out on Saturday. Of course, they all wanted to go in the Model S.

Four big golf bags easily fit into the hatchback area of the Model S, placed horizontally across the back area. The two bags nearest the rear seat fit if you remove the driver (the club, not the guy behind the wheel). The two bags nearest the back fit with drivers in place. Plenty of additional room for shoe bags and other stuff.

Actually, it was easier to fit the bags in the Model S than it is to fit them in the back of our mid-size SUV. There's a lot of room in a Model S.

Don't ask about my score.