TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Good and inexpensive electrician in North Jersey?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Maximapolak, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

Can anyone recommend a good and inexpensive electrician in North east New Jersey?

I'm trying to get an idea of what it will cost me to install a nema 14-50 or the HPWC.

2. wesley888

wesley888 Member

My brother-in-law is in NJ and got a quote of $1200 to install a NEMA 14-50. He said his electric breaker box is not in the garage. That's why it cost a little more.

3. psgabin

psgabin Member

used craigslist and did run from one end of the house to the garage about 80 feet for around $500

4. BeardedBro

BeardedBro Member

Curious- did that price include pulling a permit?

5. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

You wouldn't happen to have the link you can send me, would you?

6. Shateam

Shateam Member

I'll take the link too please. I am scheduled to pick-up in Paramus on Thursday 12/15/16 and still haven't installed a NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage. :eek:

7. Yinn

Yinn Member

I used RF Electric (http://www.rf-electric.com/)

They were recommended by Tesla along with 2 others and ended up being half the price of the others.

They did a full run for me from an existing panel to the garage, new panel installed, then new panel to the HPWC.

8. alapd

alapd Member

9. Yinn

Yinn Member

Shot you a PM

10. Andrew Bruno

Andrew Bruno Member

I used Curry Electric $500 he was fast he installed my Tesla Charger I am in the Toms River area

11. NewJerseyMS

NewJerseyMS Member

I used Gladiator Electric for the Tesla. Much better of the two that were recommended to me by Tesla. I also used Mike for some other jobs after. He was fantastic.

12. Shateam

Shateam Member

13. NewJerseyMS

NewJerseyMS Member

I had a whole host of extra needs so not comparable. I was already overloaded on my existing 200 amp service and needed to upgrade to 300 amp. Also moved an entire panel and other stuff.

I will say I've used two other electricians at my house (and a ton of other contractors/trades) and overall Mike had competitive prices and great service. One of only 2-3 people I've used over the years that I would recommend.

14. NewJerseyMS

NewJerseyMS Member

Mike replaced certain lights at less than half the cost of previous quotes. I don't want to hijack this thread more than I have so ping me if you want more info.

15. Shateam

Shateam Member

Thanks, appreciate the additional info. I will give him a call today.

16. Andrew Bruno

Andrew Bruno Member

Curry Electric Toms River I paid approx. $400.00