Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good deal on Model SP100D(L), FSD, Sunroof, Only 50 miles - $83.4K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S P100D 5YJSA1E47JF284141 | Tesla

Features
  • 100 kWh Battery
  • All Wheel Drive + Performance + Ludicrous upgrade
  • 315 miles range (EPA)
  • 2.4 seconds 0-60 mph
  1. Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  2. All Black Premium Interior
  3. 21" Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine Wheels
  4. Sunroof
  5. Carbon Fiber Décor
  6. Dark Headliner
  7. Full Self-Driving Capability
  8. Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  9. HEPA Air Filtration System
  10. Smart Air Suspension
  11. Subzero Weather Package
  12. Keyless Entry
  13. Power Liftgate
  14. Red Brake Calipers
  15. GPS Enabled Homelink
Listed at: $107,900
- $20K (removal of Ludicrous mode, or free for current model S/X owners)
- $4.5K (removal of 21" wheels, YMMV)
---------
$83,400 (Gross price)
-$3,750 (Federal tax credit, state varies by state)
---------
$79,650.00

You can further reduce the price by dropping FSD to EAP ($3000 save)

Can't get any better for a car with no miles on it, compared to many which have been test/demo mules with hundreds or thousands of miles.

Good Luck

Based on the VIN, it is likely from Aug/Sept 2018 timeframe when Original price was probably P100DL ($133K), MSM Paint ($1.5K), Sunroof ($2K), 21" Wheels ($4.5K), EAP ($5K), FSD ($3K) so about $149K + 1.2K for destination/documentation.

Assuming that is an inventory vehicle, can I get $20K knocked off for the “L” upgrade being an existing owner?

Or is that only on new, build-your-own vehicles?

Nothing to assume - it is an inventory vehicle, and Yes, existing S/X owners get the L for free (I just did it few days ago when I brought my P100DL home), so you get $20K off for it while keeping the L.

There was one I was considering just putting a deposit on, a P100DL foe 100k-20K for ludicrous another -8k for fsd+autopilot =72 and then -tax credit so under 70k.

I know, the one with 271xxx VIN (See attached) with 50 miles (See attached). The only drawback for it is that it is located in Hawaii, so it will be auto-canceled for mainland USA (though you can piggyback on it with a good OA to help identify other inventory that are not listed yet - again YMMV).

upload_2019-5-28_18-34-58.png

Looking for some advice from the community and hopefully helping others out who may find themselves in a similar boat...

I bought a S75 in June 2017 with the following configuration for $75k after tax credit:
S75 "corked" / Silver Metallic / 19" Silver Slipstream Wheels / Sunroof / Black Leather Premium Seats / Carbon Fiber Décor / Premium Sound / Autopilot / 21000 miles

I now see new inventory Model S P100DL selling for $80k after showroom credit, free ludicrous upgrade for existing owners and $3875 tax credit.

In 2017, I could not drop $130k for a P100DL and made the decision to buy vs lease a S75 because the lease rates pushed the monthly payments to $1000/mo. According to KBB, I should be able to get between $48k and $54k (MMMV) for my car, which works out to almost exactly the same as a two year lease.

Should I sell my 75 and buy the new inventory P100DL and chalk up the past two years as leasing an incredible car while waiting for my dream car? Some considerations (which is where I need your help):
  • I have free unlimited supercharging now and they are now offering that again on new inventory
  • $20k free ludicrous upgrade
  • Autopilot is now included in the base price and I don’t feel overly compelled to purchase FSD
  • New drive units, charging speed increase and HW3 is nice, but not as much of a game changer as going from a 75 to a P100DL to warrant the additional $20k+ of buying new over new inventory
  • Tax credit halves again in July from $3750 to $1875 (although there may be a bill passed to up it to $7k for another 400,000 vehicles if congress decided to do anything productive) - not sure its worth the wait or the risk of it not happening
  • Potential flood of new inventory cars to hit towards end of 2Q
  • Do we know if current new inventory Model S still comes with wireless connectivity for the life of the car (or until they decide to turn it off) vs the one year they offer on Model 3?
  • I see that they may refresh the Model S in September, but all signs point to moving more towards the Model 3 in terms of a minimalistic cabin which I don’t like (I like the two displays with one over the steering wheel)
Am I missing anything? I’d like to hear from the group and, of course, if anyone is interested in a silver S75, just let me know!

@llirk, I was in the exact same situation, had a 2016.5 S75 with about 45K miles on it, but the P100DL deal was too good to pass up. Sold my S75 for 42K and went for it.

I had a hard time deciding between going with the Raven vs existing inventory, but in the end I could not justify paying $20K for 30 miles of range and smoother suspension.

For a short time it was great to see this though:

View media item 119798

Paid 73k for a new 2017.6 S75
Tesla offered me $45k as trade in
New raven P100D with free ludicrous is $97k
New inventory P100D with free ludicrous is $91k
Can't seem to find any P100DL inventory that's less than $91k. I'm still optimistic more will show up this month.