Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good deal or bad time to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a solid deal. Honestly, now is a great time to buy as there is a lot of uncertainty about the EV tax credits with the Senate/House bills. If they pass the bill and the tax credits vanish, you'll have missed out on saving $7500!

Waiting a few months may or may not lead you to a minor interior refresh (who knows) but that's a gamble.

Buying the inventory car means you'll be driving it in a matter of weeks! Go for it and don't look back. :)

That is a very good deal. It it wasnt for the interior color (black) I'd be tempted to accept Tesla's trade-in offer for my current 75D and buy that one before you do ;). But a light interior is a must for me. I'd say go for it!

Looks like a solid deal. Honestly, now is a great time to buy as there is a lot of uncertainty about the EV tax credits with the Senate/House bills. If they pass the bill and the tax credits vanish, you'll have missed out on saving $7500!

Waiting a few months may or may not lead you to a minor interior refresh (who knows) but that's a gamble.

Buying the inventory car means you'll be driving it in a matter of weeks! Go for it and don't look back. :)

Everything DrReid said is correct. Uncertainty regarding the $7500 EV tax credit lead me to purchase an inventory car. If you know you want to buy a new Tesla, and plan on doing so, NOW is the time! Once you find one that fits your criteria I urge you to jump on it. I found the perfect car, all the options I wanted, very good price, only one state away. Three hours later when I decided to pull the trigger I found out that someone purchased it a mere 20 minutes before I made my decision. :( It's a VERY frustrating experience to lose out on a car and have to start the process over again, and apparently it happens all too often simply due to the fact that they are available nationwide.

The inventory level is interestingly low right now. Anyone else notice this? With only 23 pre-owned Teslas on ev-cpo.com, I suspect Tesla will be releasing more inventory soon to clear out older models prior to 2018 and some prices will be a bit better.

The inventory level is interestingly low right now. Anyone else notice this? With only 23 pre-owned Teslas on ev-cpo.com, I suspect Tesla will be releasing more inventory soon to clear out older models prior to 2018 and some prices will be a bit better.

I also expect a lot of trade-ins when the 3 ramps up. Since S and X owners have 3 priority we might see this start before the end of the year.