TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Good deal?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Tmonax, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Tmonax

Tmonax New Member

IMG_8550.jpg i just put a deposit on a 2017 march production dated inventory S75 RWD with premium package, black leather upgraded interior, subzero, carbon fiber, midnight silver, pano roof, 19's and enhance ap2. Total cost was $77k before fed credit.

The sale guys was pressing really hard that this was a great deal. I'm on the fence because of the package change, whereby a new order would get me the upgrade DU, plus air suspension and ultra high stereo. Serial number of my order is 189xxx

New order would be $85k. I don't feel like the quicker 0-60 + stereo + suspension is worth $8k. Now if I could find a 75D with upgraded stereo for a few $k more, that's a different story.

2. xveys

xveys Member

I'd say keep it, the upgraded stereo isn't a dealbreaker option, and 8k$ for upgraded suspension seems a bit much.

Acceleration is already great with your car, you won't miss a slightly faster 0-60 time!
    Enjoy your purchase, hope you'll have it quickly!

3. b team

b team Member

Drive a car with air suspension and one without. It should be pretty clear. I got one without. Now I wish I had it.

• Helpful x 1
  4. turtlesz

turtlesz New Member

Great price, you can go either way and still enjoy. I would personally lean towards a new one and skip premium package. 0-60, new DU and air suspension are more important to me.

• Like x 1
  5. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Also, surprised to see you not using someone's referral to get $1,000 off and free lifetime supercharging...

• Like x 1
  6. mcbarnet007

mcbarnet007 Member

air suspension is 2.5k and ultra high stereo is another 2.5k so you get 1 second faster 0-60 for only 3k more. Trust me there is definitely a difference between 5.4 and 4.3 seconds. If you can settle for 5.4 second without air suspension you might as well get a LR Model 3.

7. b team

b team Member

Not sure how that makes sense. The Model 3 is a significantly smaller car.