Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good delivery experience in Montreal, and first driving impressions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering the number of posts about horror stories on delivery I thought I'd share mine, which was very positive overall.

I arrived a few minutes early, last Wednesday, to get my S75D. After a few minutes my DS came with another person, who turned out to be the one really taking care of my delivery (maybe he was in training?). Paperwork took a few minutes (and what felt like a hundred signatures!).

Then we had a look at the car. I'm happy to say they were in no hurry, and ready to answer all my questions. We found only two defects, one with the famous chrome border on the bottom of the window, rear driver side (slight misalignment), and the latch for the trunk which was not closing properly. They did a quick fix for the trunk but will I'm going back this week to have it fixed properly. The whole delivery process took no more than 1 hour.

After delivery I found out, in the last 3 days, that the network connectivity was spotty. Especially on Thursday. Even yesterday it was not always connecting to the net while I was driving on the road but I felt it was improving. Something else they will have a look at this week.

So overall, other than the lack of communication prior to delivery, the experience was very good. They also called me after delivery to check if everything was fine, etc. And when I inquired about the provincial rebate by email they quickly called me back to give instructions on how to do this.

Finally, to conclude, my first driving impressions. In one word, wow! The silence of the cabin, the nice fit and finish inside the car, the technology, the amazing performance, the grip of AWD (combined with electric motor torque). Even the motor whine is music to my ears! Sure, it would have been nice that the car was perfect from the start. This is something for Tesla to improve, but at least the service is excellent. And the car is so good that, yes, I'm willing to do a few visits to the store to have the little issues fixed. I'm gonna keep it a long time.

I'll post a long review in January (you know, Ars technica style long) comparing it to my previous cars, including a 2013 Volt.

• Informative
Reactions: alloverx
Technically since you had to defects the fit and finish are not good. I also had bad communication/lack of promised follow ups during for my car 3 weeks ago.

Lol sorry I'm a bit pissy as Tesla is dealing with my issues poorly. You will love the car though I still do and sometimes just stare and admire how beautiful it is.