Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Mudflaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wanting to add mudflats for my M3 but want to make sure I do it right to begin with. Not looking for the cheapest or the biggest but something that works very well and won't lead to any problems down the line. I'm willing to pay a little extra to just do it right to begin with. I like the idea of using the existing routing points instead of drilling but am not sure if that is the best way to actually go about it. I have seen some people talk about getting some PPF done under where you attach the flaps to protect the paint under them and some even mention adding little foam or double sided tape. Seems like PPF would be cheap for small sections, but I'm not sure where to get it. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Here's a photo of the Rally Armor mudflaps on my M3P and MYP; you can find much better images via Google or Reddit.
IMG-9416.jpg

I'm wanting to add mudflats for my M3 but want to make sure I do it right to begin with. Not looking for the cheapest or the biggest but something that works very well and won't lead to any problems down the line. I'm willing to pay a little extra to just do it right to begin with. I like the idea of using the existing routing points instead of drilling but am not sure if that is the best way to actually go about it. I have seen some people talk about getting some PPF done under where you attach the flaps to protect the paint under them and some even mention adding little foam or double sided tape. Seems like PPF would be cheap for small sections, but I'm not sure where to get it. Any recommendations? Thanks.
You can find bulk rolls of PPF for cheap on Amazon. Just an example below (may not be right size, just the first result I found):
https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Paint-Protection-Bulk-25-inches/dp/B00B3IXSMA/

Measure the size you might need and then buy a roll of suitable size and cut it out. It would likely be much cheaper than trying to find ones with the shape already cut out. Make sure to apply the PPF on the paint itself (not on the flap). This is because sand/dirt can still get in between and scratch the paint. Basically it's not necessarily the flaps rubbing against the paint that does the damage, it's the sand that gets in between.

Last edited:
Reactions: M3_Performante
That is what I ended up ordering with a roll of 3M PPF. I have not installed them yet, but they seemed a decent compromise between the fitting the car and protection. Thought about going with Rokblokz or Rally Armor, but both seem a little bigger than I would like. May go with a colored set down the line to change things up.

Cant beat these for $16 and change. They fit well, easy to install. They are mud faps, not sure how paying 3x more will be more beneficial. Has the same shape as most of the ones out there and it doesn't make the Model3 look like a semi with big square flaps. Might as well put one of those silver girl with the legs crossed emblem things.

Cant beat these for $16 and change. They fit well, easy to install. They are mud faps, not sure how paying 3x more will be more beneficial. Has the same shape as most of the ones out there and it doesn't make the Model3 look like a semi with big square flaps. Might as well put one of those silver girl with the legs crossed emblem things.
"Ride or Die"

Reactions: Clover