Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good used stories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazon has one primary goal (posted within many of their buildings): "Our vision is to be earth's most customer-centric company..."

Thats their goal. Bezos' philosophy is that if you absolutely nail customer service, the rest falls into place.

Food for thought for Elon..

Last edited:
Just wanted to update here. Car was delivered Friday. Per the delivery person on the phone it was supposed to be touchless and I would have 24 hours to let them know about any issues. Not exactly what happened. The guy that delivered it was masked and gloves but was definitely expecting me to sign the final paperwork in person. I ran inside to get my checklist and run through the car. I have to say that it was so much nicer looking in person than the photos. The pictures Tesla uses for their used vehicles are just awful and we’re partly contributing to my fear. I did my best to look past the initial excitement and stay objective about the car before I signed. The only issue I found after inspecting everything that I had learned to inspect was that the panel under the car at the nose was missing two clips so it was hanging in the middle. The delivery guy made a note and created a due bill for it. Upon driving the car later we learned that the navigation was having problems because the maps weren’t loaded? I texted the delivery guy and he said to include it in the service appt for the due bill. However this morning I got notified that I had the 2020.4.1 update and now navigation is fine. There does seem to be too much wind noise at the driver side windows (frameless windows are always a bad design). I’m adding this to my service appt that I have this Friday. All in all I’m very pleased with the car and already have gotten compliments. I’d have to say that this has been a good experience despite the lack of regular customer interaction. I’m waiting until I get my service appt to call it a resounding success but so far I’m pleased and would do it again. Thanks!

I have another good experience to share. Ordered 2017 P100D with 20k miles on April 13th. Took delivery today at the KC delivery center. Everyone there was great and the car was in great shape. Some very minor scratches but overall nothing that couldn't be fixed with paint correction which I was already planning on doing. They had already replaced all 4 tires which was great because I was somewhat concerned after reading other people's experiences.

The only 2 items I found that needed to be fixed were a door seal which they did on-site and a small crack in the B pillar glass near the camera. At first they were saying it was cosmetic but after taking it back inside he said they are ordering replacement part and will schedule service for it once its in.

Overall the process was a bit slow and the communication about getting it moved from Orlando to KC could have been a bit better but I would have no hesitation doing it again.

Side note. I did ask about the HW2 to HW3 upgrade as well as the MCU2 upgrade. He said my VIN has been added to their list and they will email once its my turn. He also said they just started doing HW2/MCU2 upgrades last week and had about 500 vins on the list in front of me. The current hardware works but after already test driving a raven model with MCU2 I immediately noticed the difference in mine. It works but is sluggish at times.

Reactions: Hawkhandler
Congrats! I also bought site unseen with Carvana. Ordered it online and it came in 4 days. Carvana gives you 4200 or so mile warranty on everything so I knew if I had anything wrong with it, they'd fix it. I also had 7 days to return the car. Everything worked out for me. No issues except a missing key fob (they had promised me 2). My experience is somewhere on this forum called "My Carvana Experience" but I'm too lazy to link it ha

Just picked up a 2015 P90D in Carlsbad, CA. The delivery manager remembered us from our model 3 delivery about a year ago when they tried to deliver one that had a huge dent in the rear. Overall good experience, pointed out some rear bumper scratches not in photos and they agreed to a due bill for that, which was nice since I saw more damage on the bumper later than the area I pointed out to them. I also hassled them that the pictures showed a full set of the tesla weathertech mats, they were only able to find the floor mats in the back, but brought out a brand new setup for the trunk. A few other items I pointed out they said normal wear and tear, but nothing major. They actually replaced a exterior window seal that had a separate photo showing damage in the listing, not even a door ding on the car, and it was well cleaned and detailed. Only gripe remaining was that the pictures had full window tint around, and they removed that, not a huge deal since I was probably going to go darker anyway, and they saved me from paying the installer for removal.

Reactions: TESLER2013