Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got a call for delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
" I think it's risky for them to drop RWD too soon.

There are a lot of on the fence AWD orderers like me. I can totally go either way. If I could order RWD today over AWD, 50% likely I would.

I assume there are a few 1000 of me they would love to get AWD to, so we don't switch."

The only problem is it will be at todays price!

I asked the question and this is the response.
"Long Range AWD is priced at $52,990, and like all Tesla products, we can't reduce the price."

Tesla has had my $2,500 since day one, I should have bought stock with the money..

I am not following? I have a reso in for LR AWD for 52.9k. I don't know exactly what LR RWD will be when they offer it. At launch I think they said 47k, so that is a 5.9k savings. But at launch AWD was 51k, so maybe LR RWD will be more like 48k? So only paying 3k for AWD?

The LR RWD was offered at launch and the price was 47k and the AWD was 51K. The issue if you change your LR RWD to a AWD all prices will change to the current price, Self Driving at launch was 5K today it is 7K and so on.

Got a text message Tesla today. The message stated that factory is currently down (that confirms that Tesla did shut back down). They wanted to make sure I am still ready for delivery. Good sign that my car is expected to go into production next week (if it isn't already started).

How your loan get expired, did you apply with Tesla or you are getting your own loan. Because I was applying with tesla about a month already It's that means I'll get expire after 30 day too. thanks if anyone can answer this questions.

I financed through Tesla (chase bank), the loan is good for 60 days. Not sure if they extend past that, but I still haven't quite hit 60 days yet.

I logged into my account today just to see if anything had changed on my reservation. When I checked the reservation page it is now asking for final payment and have an MVPA with a VIN assigned. Interestingly I’ve not received a call, text, or anything outside of the generic “Delivery Update” email many of us got earlier in the week. Any one else having any experience like this?

Definitely not going to make the payment until I actually hear from someone, was just curious.

Reactions: DennyL and Ihdiot
I logged into my account today just to see if anything had changed on my reservation. When I checked the reservation page it is now asking for final payment and have an MVPA with a VIN assigned. Interestingly I’ve not received a call, text, or anything outside of the generic “Delivery Update” email many of us got earlier in the week. Any one else having any experience like this?

Definitely not going to make the payment until I actually hear from someone, was just curious.

You'll probably get a text/call in next few days.

What's your interior color?

What did you order? And when did you order?

What is your vin range? Seems like 42XX and later are made after the factory restart....

I ordered my MY on 3/22, and actually got a call/email to schedule delivery just 2 days later on 3/24. Was VERY surprised it would deliver so soon, and in fact had expected it to take a couple months so I was not ready. Asked to defer to May.
Now with production restarted I am anxiously awaiting, I see some people are starting to get scheduling emails.
My build:
  • Model Y
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
Saw @chrismrobbins post and checked my account page but no updates there, haha just being hopeful.

Any others with similar build getting notified to set up delivery?

What is your vin range? Seems like 42XX and later are made after the factory restart....
What did you order? And when did you order?
You'll probably get a text/call in next few days.

What's your interior color?
I ordered a blue exterior, black interior, 19” wheels, with no FSD. Order date was 02/04/2020. Vin is 5XXX so it sounds like post factory restart. I noticed in my MVPA the trade in on my Model X is the same as it was when they quoted the trade back in late March. I’m curious if that ends up changing at the last minute or not since it is in the agreement.

I ordered a blue exterior, black interior, 19” wheels, with no FSD. Order date was 02/04/2020. Vin is 5XXX so it sounds like post factory restart. I noticed in my MVPA the trade in on my Model X is the same as it was when they quoted the trade back in late March. I’m curious if that ends up changing at the last minute or not since it is in the agreement.

We have the same config. Similar VIN range 58XX. In Long Island, NY

Last night I was suddenly awakened by a moth landing on my lips (there is a moth infestation in New Mexico right now). Well that startled me enough that I knew I wasn't going to go back to sleep anytime soon so I got up and logged on. Nothing. So I did the source code search for VIN thing. Nothing. A few minutes ago I got the call that I have a VIN assigned and the MY rolled off the factory yesterday (Sunday). I checked the website and there was no VIN, however, I did get an email with the purchase info and it had a VIN. For the heck of it I did the source code thing and voila it did show the VIN there. So maybe it might give you a few hour heads-up. It is a MSM, black interior, LR-AWD, 19" wheels, FSD. VIN is 57XX and was ordered March 20, 2020. They said it will ship within a day or two to Scottsdale and the delivery to my house will be based on how much dealer prep is required and when they get my payment. I already took care of the latter :)

Last edited: