Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got a call for delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a blue exterior, black interior, 19” wheels, with no FSD. Order date was 02/04/2020. Vin is 5XXX so it sounds like post factory restart. I noticed in my MVPA the trade in on my Model X is the same as it was when they quoted the trade back in late March. I’m curious if that ends up changing at the last minute or not since it is in the agreement.
It would be crazy if they don’t revalue the trade price. They reduced the value of two separate Tesla trades I have in my account. Each car dropped between $1,500 to $2,000 per month for the last few months. I’m trading on new Performance S’s (much more expensive car but with a discount) and they claim they can’t adjust the trade price back to the prior month but I can get a $500 merchandise credit:rolleyes:

Also just got a call, from Palo Alto area code. My order is AWD LR, Pearl White, Black interior, 19 inch wheels, FSD (pretty much as basic as possible, aside from the FSD). Order date of Valentine's Day, 2020. Assigned VIN is #60XX (which popped up on my order page immediately after the phone call).

Guy on the phone: "Would you be willing to take delivery at the end of this month or early June? ... You are one of the lucky ones, as factory production just started back up again." Interesting phrasing, for sure. I definitely made sure to say I was going to be inspecting it with a fine tooth comb at delivery, but I am super excited!

It would be crazy if they don’t revalue the trade price. They reduced the value of two separate Tesla trades I have in my account. Each car dropped between $1,500 to $2,000 per month for the last few months. I’m trading on new Performance S’s (much more expensive car but with a discount) and they claim they can’t adjust the trade price back to the prior month but I can get a $500 merchandise credit:rolleyes:

Interesting - I assume they will lower the value, but I would appreciate them doing it before I arrive at the service center to take delivery. When I talked to someone from Tesla this morning they seemed to give me the run around and basically said "this is your trade value" but I'm just not sure I believe it didn't/won't change.

Last night I was suddenly awakened by a moth landing on my lips (there is a moth infestation in New Mexico right now). Well that startled me enough that I knew I wasn't going to go back to sleep anytime soon so I got up and logged on. Nothing. So I did the source code search for VIN thing. Nothing. A few minutes ago I got the call that I have a VIN assigned and the MY rolled off the factory yesterday (Sunday). I checked the website and there was no VIN, however, I did get an email with the purchase info and it had a VIN. For the heck of it I did the source code thing and voila it did show the VIN there. So maybe it might give you a few hour heads-up. It is a MSM, black interior, LR-AWD, 19" wheels, FSD. VIN is 57XX and was ordered March 20, 2020. They said it will ship within a day or two to Scottsdale and the delivery to my house will be based on how much dealer prep is required and when they get my payment. I already took care of the latter :)
Hate the moth part , i wouldnt sleep either. But my heart would be racing if i saw the vin ! U r so close ! Congratz !

Has everyone who is getting a VIN filled out their payment method already? Is that required to move forward with the process? I have not filled it out and didn’t get the email everyone got last week. I plan to use a local credit union for a lower rate and want to wait as long as possible to fill out all the information since I see people who have had their loan expire before taking delivery.

Interesting, another East Coast order, which aligns with location priority mentioned in a separate thread. I still feel there is a pattern where FSD orders are taking precedence over non-FSD. Before the shutdown, it seemed that PUP was priority. Anyone get a VIN post-shutdown who didn't order FSD?

I did not order FSD. I was assigned a VIN and scheduled delivery for Saturday 05/23. Located in and taking delivery in Colorado.

Reactions: K72V426 and Ihdiot
Finally heard from Tesla today. Still waiting on my VIN. Rep has no idea when I will get it. Still no rhyme or reason for how Tesla is delivering cars. I ordered on 3/17/19, Blue/Black AWD 19s FSD. I figure one of my options is holding my order back. The rep has no clue or isn't willing to share how they are delivering the cars these days as I did express my unhappiness in that I ordered more than a year ago and don't have a car when people that ordered this year are driving theirs around happily. So, I'm stuck back in the same rut I was in before the pandemic. At least Tesla seems to be answering e-mail now.

Finally heard from Tesla today. Still waiting on my VIN. Rep has no idea when I will get it. Still no rhyme or reason for how Tesla is delivering cars. I ordered on 3/17/19, Blue/Black AWD 19s FSD. I figure one of my options is holding my order back. The rep has no clue or isn't willing to share how they are delivering the cars these days as I did express my unhappiness in that I ordered more than a year ago and don't have a car when people that ordered this year are driving theirs around happily. So, I'm stuck back in the same rut I was in before the pandemic. At least Tesla seems to be answering e-mail now.
While I agree that it sucks, you're probably better off that it is taking a while. The factory literally reopened fully yesterday after almost 2 months of being shut down during which time improvements were presumably being made to the manufacturing process and quality. Since Tesla doesn't advertise they spread out their deliveries throughout the country for maximum visibility, they did the same for the Model 3, that's why it seems like others have gotten one before you. They seem to be prioritizing Performance and 20" wheels which puts you further down the line.

It was also supposed to be released in the Fall so if you get it before then it will still technically be earlier than what was promised when you ordered it. There are literally tens of thousands of people in the US still waiting for their Model Y that ordered in 2019. Don't worry, I'm sure it will come.

I agree that it would be best not to get one of the cars that is rolling off the line today however but I have a feeling that since they were reaching out to me in late March, I'm probably going to get one of the cars coming off the line soon. I'll just have to hope they made some quality improvements while the line was down. Time will tell.

I agree that it would be best not to get one of the cars that is rolling off the line today however but I have a feeling that since they were reaching out to me in late March, I'm probably going to get one of the cars coming off the line soon. I'll just have to hope they made some quality improvements while the line was down. Time will tell.

You're right to be concerned, but really I don't think the QC issues with the Model Y are any worse than with Model 3. Sure, there were bizarre and scary reports early on, but even these weren't as prevalent compared to the initial Model 3s. Back then, it was so bad many were wondering if Tesla would ever learn how to build cars in mass quantities.

The more recent posts show many with flawless deliveries. These don't get near the attention of the horror stories, but the reports don't lie. I suspect many of the early issues were due to the newness of the model and the quarter end rush. You should note that the massive 2019 year end rush of Model 3s didn't produce many QC issues, so perhaps Tesla has gotten the hang of it.

Got a call yesterday confirming I still wanted my Blue Dual Motor 19” black interior, Rockville Md delivery. Rep said I should get delivery date in the next 2 weeks and I should take delivery soon after in June.

Mind sharing the MVPA date and VIN? I got my MVPA and 57xx VIN yesterday, but no call yet. Mine is coming to Reisterstown, MD.

Finally had my car re-evaluated. My X 75D was evaluated at 8k less than it was 50 days ago. Went from offering 46k to 38k. Thought that was pretty big swing, but I guess looking at their inventory they seem to have a lot of used Xs for cheap these days.

Edit - mileage only changed by 40 miles in those 50 days.

• Informative
Reactions: beezy