Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got a text from Tesla.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text this morning at 10:16! No, it wasn't my bud, Elon. :D It just told me to go to tesla.com/teslaaccount and complete tasks... All of which I'd already done.

The text said I could reply, so I DID ask for my VIN, so I could complete the next task of uploading insurance verification.

Has anyone that has completed all the steps got a VIN or exact date? My trade in step is not complete since I have to wait for Tesla to approve it.

Wonder if there is a screen after for people that dont have a trade in and are paying cash (which I doubt there would be many lol).

Has anyone that has completed all the steps got a VIN or exact date? My trade in step is not complete since I have to wait for Tesla to approve it.

Wonder if there is a screen after for people that dont have a trade in and are paying cash (which I doubt there would be many lol).

On your deliver page, there should be one of the options that says final payment. That should have the options of (Cash, Loan). If your not trading in, leave the trade in option blank.

When you get close to delivery, the payment method should be available to drop down. The trade in is part of the trade in. Drop down.

upload_2020-2-29_15-3-43.jpeg

I got a text a few days ago but had not received an email and still haven't. I was a bit suspicious of the text as there was a grammatical error and I had not heard of others getting texts (until this thread). I replied and they responded saying I would be getting an email soon. So not sure why they sent the text. Probably a snafu. I ordered Silver Performance, Gemini wheels, black interior, FSD ordered June, 2019.

Looking to buy third party wheels as I am not wild about the Gemini wheels and I will be traveling occasionally on dirt roads in the northwest so do not want 21" rims with such a small sidewall. All I have found so far are T-Sportsline which I do prefer over the Gemini wheels.

I submitted my trade-in pictures and stuff and have an offer already. Unfortunately it is lower than Carmax or Carvana. I replied to the text that I received this morning asking if they would match or not. So we'll see what they say. Also, I ordered a Blue with black interior performace with the upgrade package.

Still waiting on my Y, but when I bought a 3 in December, they matched the Car Max offer. They lowball, as they don’t actually see the car. They know that Car Max actually physically looks at the car. The only other difference, maybe, is that I was working with a Tesla guy at their service center.