Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got a text from Tesla.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what does this mean, still a long time to wait, I need it by July, what are the chances of getting it on time in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    33.8 KB · Views: 147
I had no trade-in, and I'm paying cash (I bought a real big duffle bag). I just need the VIN to give State Farm so I can upload my insurance verification!

Red Performance, Gemini wheels, black interior, FSD, for those keeping score at home. :D
Ummm... I’ve purchased two Tesla’s and each time they were happy with a photo of my current policy card. You have 2 weeks to a month under an automatic binder to complete insurance after delivery. I’m with State Farm and had no problem. I just let my agent know the car was coming.

Ummm... I’ve purchased two Tesla’s and each time they were happy with a photo of my current policy card. You have 2 weeks to a month under an automatic binder to complete insurance after delivery. I’m with State Farm and had no problem. I just let my agent know the car was coming.
That's my experience with State Farm, also. You just have to remember to tell your agent you bought a new car! But at this point, it looks like Tesla wants the VIN of the vehicle specified. Sigh...

I didn't have a trade-in option available when they first sent me the text to complete all the "tasks". So after scratching my head for a few days, hoping it would appear, I sent them a text back and told them I could not see anything for a trade-in. They sent me an email back the next day and said the fixed it by refreshing my delivery profile. Then I could log in and finish everything. Glad I texted them back when I did, instead of waiting a few more days1

Got another text just now quoted below....I already did all the stuff but trade in is stuck in "tesla valuation review"... has anyone that submitted a trade in completed this step? Hopefully this trade in stuff is not delaying me.

Tesla Reminder: It's time to get ready for your Model Y delivery. Please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete all outstanding tasks as soon as possible. Please note that delivery is prioritized for customers who have submitted all items in their Tesla Account.
Questions? Reply to this text or visit tesla.com/deliveryday

Got another text just now quoted below....I already did all the stuff but trade in is stuck in "tesla valuation review"... has anyone that submitted a trade in completed this step? Hopefully this trade in stuff is not delaying me.

Tesla Reminder: It's time to get ready for your Model Y delivery. Please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete all outstanding tasks as soon as possible. Please note that delivery is prioritized for customers who have submitted all items in their Tesla Account.

I am in the same situation.

I was in this situation. About 4 hours after I received the same text message you quoted, my account was updated to show both the trade-in value and the pay-off amount.

Has anyone that has completed all the steps got a VIN or exact date? My trade in step is not complete since I have to wait for Tesla to approve it.

Wonder if there is a screen after for people that dont have a trade in and are paying cash (which I doubt there would be many lol).
I have completed all the steps allowed. No trade-in, cash buyer. I do not have a VIN or exact date assigned yet. I'm in CA, so I was able to submit my current auto insurance. There is no way to complete the payment portion yet. In the past with Teslas we've bought, we pay the day of delivery. All I know is delivery should be between the 15th and 31st. I ordered a performance, white/black, no FSD.

Anyone know what does this mean, still a long time to wait, I need it by July, what are the chances of getting it on time in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Thank you.
That's the same screen I have. I'm in CA. I do not know when they'll make deliveries there. I'm supposed to get mine between the 15th and 31st. All documents have been given to Tesla, so I'm just waiting to hear more.

I live in Sacramento - white performance with 21” wheels and etc.

Uploaded my insurance proof yesterday; Tesla salesman reached out to me this morning and said “in 1-2 weeks I will call you with final delivery date and etc.; will get you in your Y by end of this month”
I'm just outside of Sacramento. I've submitted all my docs as soon as I got my email, the 24th, and have heard nothing. No one has reached out yet. I'm hoping soon!