Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got Email from Tesla requesting to pay for car (HAWAII)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Safety Inspection stickers from the SC expires in TWO years!!!! they are able to do the new car inspection... yeah.... I got mine yesterday....

G'sinHawaii, Can you post or send me a PM when you actually get your license plate, please? As you know we have a wiki thread to explain the tax, inspection and registration process. We need to keep it current. So, once we know the process has changed, we will update our thread to keep new readers current. Thanks.

Hey, you have enough post now. Please put your new MS description in your signature so we will know you from a distance when we see you on the road.

Akikiki - I have read the thread a bunch of times... but, I don't have to do that... well, anyone taking delivery now doesn't, I paid the tax and license fees to Tesla, and the 3rd party company is the one that will get the plates... So I am told, but yes, I will confirm the process one I get my plates.

Stephen - Yes, just busying doing errands around town...

nanimac - yes, best present to myself EVER!!! :)

BTW, I haven't investigated yet but since i am here....I forget the right term, but I have mirrors set to tilt when in reverse, but it doesn't... any one know if I need to do something besides... putting the car in reverse.... and setting the button on the screen to on....

thanks in advance

BTW, I haven't investigated yet but since i am here....I forget the right term, but I have mirrors set to tilt when in reverse, but it doesn't... any one know if I need to do something besides... putting the car in reverse.... and setting the button on the screen to on....

thanks in advance

The key to the mirrors is, foot on the brake and then put the car in reverse, then set the mirrors to lower view. Then put the car in park or drive and they will return to regular view. Now, test them. Put the car in reverse again. They will point down.

That's what we are here for.

G'sin, do you do this yet? Just get up and go outside and sit in your car? -- For hours? Many of us do. I go out every night and sit in mine just to listen to old Rock n' Roll. Come on - you can tell us. We won't think you are any more crazy than we are.

Last edited:
The key to the mirrors is, foot on the brake and then put the car in reverse, then set the mirrors to lower view. Then put the car in park or drive and they will return to regular view. Now, test them. Put the car in reverse again. They will point down.
just an FYI, only because it's not intuitively obvious ... (at least it wasn't to me right away) ... you say, repeatedly, "mirrors" (plural), and "they" (also plural) ... I'd like to point out you don't have to have BOTH mirrors auto-tilt ... personally, I have only the passenger's side tilt in order to see the curb, but leave the driver's side up ... I'm more interested in any traffic approaching from the rear in the left lane than I am in what's on the ground by my left rear tire

just an FYI, only because it's not intuitively obvious ... (at least it wasn't to me right away) ... you say, repeatedly, "mirrors" (plural), and "they" (also plural) ... I'd like to point out you don't have to have BOTH mirrors auto-tilt ... personally, I have only the passenger's side tilt in order to see the curb, but leave the driver's side up ... I'm more interested in any traffic approaching from the rear in the left lane than I am in what's on the ground by my left rear tire

Point taken. Excellent idea. Thanks. I will put that in my pipe and smoke it. :) Merry Christmas.

Great tip. The left side tilting down is annoying to me. I'll have to set it differently.

G's in hawaii, did you pick up a P85D? I'm also curious to as what seat you ordered and if you ordered the NG seats if it was installed.
On another note, I saw a nice Tesla on the freeway this morning coming from Kahala area to the Ft Shafter exit, lighted T installed too!
A few more weeks for me till my car comes!
Ross

Just get up and go outside and sit in your car? -- For hours? Many of us do. I go out every night and sit in mine just to listen to old Rock n' Roll. Come on - you can tell us. We won't think you are any more crazy than we are.

hee, hee... also busted spending a few hours in the "new garage listening room"...sooo relaxing :)

Classic rock, 80's, beatles, R&B, alternative, world... ended up on a smooth jazz station and fell asleep :eek:

G's in hawaii, did you pick up a P85D? I'm also curious to as what seat you ordered and if you ordered the NG seats if it was installed.
On another note, I saw a nice Tesla on the freeway this morning coming from Kahala area to the Ft Shafter exit, lighted T installed too!
A few more weeks for me till my car comes!
Ross

It might have been me. I take that exit every day to go to work in Mapunapuna. Mine is green. It has the lighted T.

- - - Updated - - -

hee, hee... also busted spending a few hours in the "new garage listening room"...sooo relaxing :)

Classic rock, 80's, beatles, R&B, alternative, world... ended up on a smooth jazz station and fell asleep :eek:

When I first got mine, I did that too. The cool thing is that you don't have to worry about carbon monoxide poisoning sitting in the car with the motor running.

Ahh must have been you TKO, Green lighted T 6:55 this am in the rain. I tried to follow you but my little leaf couldnt keep up. I have to drive like a granny now to make it to Wahiawa and back. But not for long!

Hey Ross, what are you going to use the Leaf for once you get the big bad S? Will they let you drive it on the golf course? Tale out the back window and let the clubs stick out over where the license plate would be?

Ahh must have been you TKO, Green lighted T 6:55 this am in the rain. I tried to follow you but my little leaf couldnt keep up. I have to drive like a granny now to make it to Wahiawa and back. But not for long!

Yep, that was me. I wasn't going that fast. But I didn't like the people in front of me slowing down to look over the accident on the other side of the freeway.

Akikiki, are you implying I'm driving a glorified golf cart!? :)
Thats funny cause I used to tell my wife it was the worlds fastest golf cart!
TKO, I know I hate people driving slow in the left lane too. Must be from my years of driving on the mainland! I remember a semi coming up on me in colorado in the left lane, and my friend from the mainland was screaming for me to get out of the left lane.
Lucky we live Hawaii!

Ross, No, I absolutely do not, (yes, I do), think you are driving a glorified golf cart (yes he is). I'd never go to such lengths to imply, (sure I would), something like that. I'm shocked, (no I am not), that you would already think that, (you see right through me), of me. I am so hurt, (no, I am not), by this possible accusation, (I think its funny).

Akikiki, are you implying I'm driving a glorified golf cart!? :)
Thats funny cause I used to tell my wife it was the worlds fastest golf cart!
TKO, I know I hate people driving slow in the left lane too. Must be from my years of driving on the mainland! I remember a semi coming up on me in colorado in the left lane, and my friend from the mainland was screaming for me to get out of the left lane.
Lucky we live Hawaii!

Who is looking for a new Grey non-D? Just arrived today.
22DEC_1.JPG

22DEC_3.JPG