Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got Homelink Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard there were a handful of people who could not get Homelink working and I was one of them. Tesla tech came out last night and got it working. In my case, the process played out perfectly, codes accepted, etc., but the door would not open or close. We ended up doing a reset on the car, and then programming the Homelink immediately after and it worked. We tried the same for the second door on our garage, but it did not work. We grabbed a second remote for the second door (same frequency obviously) and programmed the Homelink and it worked. Crazy... Really glad not to have the clunky looking opener attached to the folded visor on the side window.

BTW, I have Liftmaster Elite openers.

I had a little difficulty myself. My Liftmaster garage opener has a wall unit that can be used to open the garage but also to train a new remote. Coudn't make it train the Tesla. Had to get a ladder and press the learn button on the back of the opener motor and that worked. I like the feature that automatically opens the garage as you get close and closes it automatically as you leave,,,

• Informative
Reactions: aesculus
I had a little difficulty myself. My Liftmaster garage opener has a wall unit that can be used to open the garage but also to train a new remote. Coudn't make it train the Tesla. Had to get a ladder and press the learn button on the back of the opener motor and that worked. I like the feature that automatically opens the garage as you get close and closes it automatically as you leave,,,
I had to use the ladder and learn mode on the motor too. Works great now including auto open and close ~30 feet out.