Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 9/24, VIN 10/16, No update on delivery date, so I emailed my delivery adviser and she told me ETA in Chicago was 10/28 maybe earlier. From my past experience its usually early. Just waiting on the text message to schedule delivery appointment..

Well I got tired of seeing everyone else get their VINs after ordering way after me and was tired of getting jerked around by Tesla so I cancelled my Model Y order.

Going tomorrow to look at an Audi E-tron and hopefully drive away with. No more waiting around while Tesla jerks their customers around.

Good luck everyone else!
Audi E-Tron will be more expensive and less range. It’s fit and finish will be better. I don’t expect Audi to keep up with innovation of Tesla.

Reactions: Clark_Kent
Audi E-Tron will be more expensive and less range. It’s fit and finish will be better. I don’t expect Audi to keep up with innovation of Tesla.
+1. There's no legitimate competition at the moment for the Model Y. Some may try to argue but, it's not really debatable. The Audit E-Tron simply cannot compare. I thought about the E-Tron for 5 seconds and thought better of it.

I don't know how you're paying, but financing through Tesla (either loan or lease) we paid at delivery.
I plan on paying cash. I can certainly enter my bank information but I was not sure when they will withdraw the purchase amount. Normally this is not a concern but based on what I have seen some people reject the car and I don't want to go though lengthy process to get the money back if I reject the car.

Reactions: Brown1428
I plan on paying cash. I can certainly enter my bank information but I was not sure when they will withdraw the purchase amount. Normally this is not a concern but based on what I have seen some people reject the car and I don't want to go though lengthy process to get the money back if I reject the car.

I'd call and ask to be sure, but I'd be surprised if they'd take the money out before you sign for the car.

If you're conversing with the Eden Prairie store they've always been quick to respond with any concerns I've had.

+1. There's no legitimate competition at the moment for the Model Y. Some may try to argue but, it's not really debatable. The Audit E-Tron simply cannot compare. I thought about the E-Tron for 5 seconds and thought better of it.
Heated steering wheel, heated ventilated and massage seats, 360 degree camera, blind spot monitor on mirror, heads up display, rear individual climate control, active air suspension, homelink included, 4,000 lb towing capacity... the list goes on with the features this thing has that the Model Y doesn't.

I have a Model 3 and I love it, don't get me wrong. But to say it doesn't even compare is wrong. It is way beyond the Model Y in creature comforts and convivence. It's adaptive cruise control features are essentially basic auto pilot so yes, no FSD but I don't use that in my 3 and drive just fine without it.

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa
Heated steering wheel, heated ventilated and massage seats, 360 degree camera, blind spot monitor on mirror, heads up display, rear individual climate control, active air suspension, homelink included, 4,000 lb towing capacity... the list goes on with the features this thing has that the Model Y doesn't.

I have a Model 3 and I love it, don't get me wrong. But to say it doesn't even compare is wrong. It is way beyond the Model Y in creature comforts and convivence. It's adaptive cruise control features are essentially basic auto pilot so yes, no FSD but I don't use that in my 3 and drive just fine without it.

Hey, I feel for you and I DO mean it. My daughter is looking at the E-Tron also, but mainly because of the space. She's got two baby seats. The MY could be just too tight for them. They also travel with 2 dogs from time to time, they looked at the 3rd row seat option on the MY, but it look just too tight as the kids grow up.

They are waiting for me to be the guinea pig with my MY...

And I can list a number of features the Model Y has that the E-Tron doesn't. Seems you've already made up your mind. Go buy the E-tron. I stand by my earlier statement...The Audi E-Tron doesn't compare to the Model Y.

Hey, I feel for you and I DO mean it. My daughter is looking at the E-Tron also, but mainly because of the space. She's got two baby seats. The MY could be just too tight for them. They also travel with 2 dogs from time to time, they looked at the 3rd row seat option on the MY, but it look just too tight as the kids grow up.

They are waiting for me to be the guinea pig with my MY...
I have 2 car seats too so this is another thing I am looking at. Thanks for the insight.

I banned German cars from my garage a long time ago for a multitude of reasons. Also ouch on the price. For the same reasons I decided against the Mach E (and I'm a Ford guy) would be the same reasons I don't like the Audi option. While it might have those features, etc. - it is no where near close to Tesla technology wise.

And I can list a number of features the Model Y has that the E-Tron doesn't. Seems you've already made up your mind. Go buy the E-tron. I stand by my earlier statement...The Audi E-Tron doesn't compare to the Model Y.
There is nothing the Y has that the e-tron doesn't when it comes to interior comfort. That is for sure. Tesla has the technology and supercharging (which doesn't affect me since I never supercharge) and that's about it. I am going to test drive one later today and we will see how it feels.

I banned German cars from my garage a long time ago for a multitude of reasons. Also ouch on the price. For the same reasons I decided against the Mach E (and I'm a Ford guy) would be the same reasons I don't like the Audi option. While it might have those features, etc. - it is no where near close to Tesla technology wise.
The technology is obvious. My dilemma is, I have basic autopilot in my 3 and even that I have only used like 3 times. I just don't really see myself using anything like that in the future. Maybe down the road when FSD is legit, I can look into but fact that I can go look at one today and potentially drive off the lot with it is very appealing. Tesla customer service is TRASH!

The technology is obvious. My dilemma is, I have basic autopilot in my 3 and even that I have only used like 3 times. I just don't really see myself using anything like that in the future. Maybe down the road when FSD is legit, I can look into but fact that I can go look at one today and potentially drive off the lot with it is very appealing. Tesla customer service is TRASH!

I hope the customer service is better in our area if needed. That is concerning - no disagreement. I'm not buying FSD either at this point.. Audi seems pricier and slower. I guess tradeoffs in either direction. Be great to get your take after you drive one - they are at the Audi dealerships now? I have no idea, just curious.

Given the weight of the Audi, it's a better option than a Y financially wise if you have a Small Biz as it's Section 179 compliant.

There is nothing the Y has that the e-tron doesn't when it comes to interior comfort. That is for sure. Tesla has the technology and supercharging (which doesn't affect me since I never supercharge) and that's about it. I am going to test drive one later today and we will see how it feels.

Also cargo space. Despite being much larger, the etron can't quite keep up with the Y there.

I hope the customer service is better in our area if needed. That is concerning - no disagreement. I'm not buying FSD either at this point.. Audi seems pricier and slower. I guess tradeoffs in either direction. Be great to get your take after you drive one - they are at the Audi dealerships now? I have no idea, just curious.

Given the weight of the Audi, it's a better option than a Y financially wise if you have a Small Biz as it's Section 179 compliant.
They have 2 2020 ones at the local dealership and a used 2019 with less than 5k miles. That is the one I am looking at. It's the quattro awd prestige package for only 60k which is even with the price of Y.

They have 2 2020 ones at the local dealership and a used 2019 with less than 5k miles. That is the one I am looking at. It's the quattro awd prestige package for only 60k which is even with the price of Y.

Some of this won't apply, but if you haven't seen this review you can use it similar to a MY checklist. I'd be especially thorough with the e-tron returned with only 5k miles. Could have been someone doing so on a whim, but you never know the motivation for returning a vehicle that new.