Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 100-200 drop that coincides with KBB from their original offer time frame to now. The frustration is more that they tell you upfront that they can't get you a car for 35+ days then give you a value and figure all of the financing only to change it once the new vehicle is on the way.

The second offer given originally with a validity through the expected lead time wouldn't leave a consumer feeling like the deal was changed after they were given an agreement at the time of order.

Tesla is equated to Amazon's order process, they would never change the deal after you've ordered.

That seems fair, certainly Tesla's timeframes aren't exactly reliable. Considering the average US driver ends up with ~13k miles a year, 1,000 miles in a month should probably be baked into the offer.

Finally got my VIN (63XXX) after placing an order right after Battery Day. SA said the car is in Lynwood, WA and waiting for funding to be placed on a barge to Alaska. We have been without a Tesla since august (sold 3 LR AWD) and let me tell you, it SUCKS driving an ICE full time.

• Love
Reactions: rah7777
Congrats to everyone who has been getting their 2021 assignments! I'm really feeling like we're in a bit of a Twilight Zone. We were assigned another 2020 VIN (had rejected one previously). I again called the SA and asked them to "unpair" it, as we wanted a VIN that was 60xxx or later. They looked at our account and said it hadn't actually been paired and even though it's listed on our account it wasn't really assigned to us.

Two days later I get a text saying they had assigned a pick up date for this week. SO....used the chat function on the Tesla website and asked again to have it removed from our account because we want a 2021. The rep removes it, but tells me they will not begin making 2021 vehicles until 2021 and I have to wait to put in my order until 1/1/2021???? When I mentioned that several people have already picked up 2021 MYs, she said "Thank you for that." o_O

Supposedly they are asking a SA to call me. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
Sorry. Can someone explain how Tesla identifies a car as a 2021 car when it was manufactured in 2020? I thought Tesla does not follow car model years.

The reason I asked is because I specifically asked Tesla not to give me a car built this year because I wanted a 2021 model.

Sorry. Can someone explain how Tesla identifies a car as a 2021 car when it was manufactured in 2020? I thought Tesla does not follow car model years.

The reason I asked is because I specifically asked Tesla not to give me a car built this year because I wanted a 2021 model.

L before F in VIN means 2020 model, a M before F would be 2021 model.

Just went to my account and it's now showing a VIN# of 5YJYGDEE6LF046xxx

Needless to say, I'll be asking for that to be reassigned to someone else.

Hah, I got a LF046xxx too last week. Rejected that and waiting for a 2021 VIN in the 63xxx range. So far haven't received any yet so I guess that's a good thing. I'm in SoCal and the schedule looks like been pushed back 5-9 weeks for west coast and 4-8 for east coast.

I ordered 10/9 Red MY LR AWD, FSD, Trailer Hitch.
Got VIN on 10/20. MF066XXX
I just got a text today saying my Tesla is on its way and I should schedule delivery.
I logged into telsa website.
I was unable to find a way to schedule delivery.
I tried to add bank information. My bank is wells fargo.
I have 2 factor auth.
It allowed me to enter user name, password.
Allowed me to select a phone number I can choose to get text.
I entered the code I received via text and it failed with error

Your account settings are incompatible
Your account could not be connected because the multi-factor authentication method it uses is not currently supported.
Please try a different account.

Has anyone else run into this?

I ordered 10/9 Red MY LR AWD, FSD, Trailer Hitch.
Got VIN on 10/20. MF066XXX
I just got a text today saying my Tesla is on its way and I should schedule delivery.
I logged into telsa website.
I was unable to find a way to schedule delivery.
I tried to add bank information. My bank is wells fargo.
I have 2 factor auth.
It allowed me to enter user name, password.
Allowed me to select a phone number I can choose to get text.
I entered the code I received via text and it failed with error

Your account settings are incompatible
Your account could not be connected because the multi-factor authentication method it uses is not currently supported.
Please try a different account.

Has anyone else run into this?

yes, had same issue. The delivery will fix itself soon enough. But if WF fails it should just let you enter your bank info after that. It was a little button underneath that let me do it. Hope this helps.

yes, had same issue. The delivery will fix itself soon enough. But if WF fails it should just let you enter your bank info after that. It was a little button underneath that let me do it. Hope this helps.
I was able to figure out how to schedule a pickup.
But I had no luck finding a way to add my bank account information.
I enter the correct user name, password.
I get prompted for 2 factor auth.
I tried both text message and phone number
After I enter the code I see an error message. I did not see any way to enter bank details.
All I can do is return. I reached out to my Tesla SA for help.

I was able to figure out how to schedule a pickup.
But I had no luck finding a way to add my bank account information.
I enter the correct user name, password.
I get prompted for 2 factor auth.
I tried both text message and phone number
After I enter the code I see an error message. I did not see any way to enter bank details.
All I can do is return. I reached out to my Tesla SA for help.

Same thing happened to me. Then it had an option to manually enter bank info. Did that and worked