Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks,
Just got my vin yesterday, LR MSM no hitch, 627xx. Ordered 10/14.
Any idea what would cause me to get such a low number at this point? I think the latest vins coming out are in the 69xxx.

I think this means I'll miss out on the double pane windows, right?

Thanks!
Joe K.

Hey folks,
Any idea what would cause me to get such a low number at this point? I think the latest vins coming out are in the 69xxx.

Thanks!
Joe K.

I ordered 10/3 and was matched with one nearly 20,000 before yours, so it could have been worse.

Lots of reasons, from being rejected by someone at delivery, to someone changing their configuration after receiving the VIN.

Hey folks,

The VIN is not really that old. Mine is 624xx and was assigned to me 10/16 and was built sometime around 10/20. Based upon when these VINs were built it is possible it was shipped around the same time as other VINs in that range. Based upon your location (Rhode Island), it may have arrived at a service center this week or is due to arrive shortly. I'm guessing someone cancelled their order or made a change to configuration after the car was shipped.

Based upon what others are saying, any VIN before 63xxx will not have the laminated front windows.

Thanks guys. Just got the text msg today for delivery next weekend. Seems like it was probably already on its way to the SC when they matched it to me. Maybe somebody canceled.
Not sure if I should reject and wait for the double pane laminated windows to reduce wind noise, or stick with it and just take it and enjoy the ride. Seems like a FOMO/1st world problem, am I right?
But in reality, I’m paying the same price for the car as someone else with the new updated windows, and whatever else might magically show up. :)

Thoughts?

Best,
Joe K.

Was anyone lucky enough to get their MY before scheduled delivery? I picked the soonest date, but now I'm getting more impatient and hoping they say it arrived early. The first delivery date was 13 days from the text. I thought that was pretty long, but I am in North Carolina.

My original date was yesterday 10/30. I did get a text on Tuesday 10/27 asking if I was available to pick up early. On Thursday 10/29 they said there was an issue which would push back the delivery date. My delivery will now be early next week.

Found out the reason for the delay is a large scratch on an interior door panel which is affecting 4-5 vehicles. They are getting an expedited shipment early next week.

I went from expected early delivery to now delayed delivery.

I say keep it and enjoy it. The only difference is the laminated windows in front doors. Unless it is a significant difference I don't think most people will notice.

Thanks, I will do just that. I don't feel like waiting any longer, and who knows what's going to happen in the next few weeks with election and corona.
I called and build date is 10/18, whatever that's worth. The SC rep hadn't heard that they were even making the double pane windows.
Gonna accept the delivery date and enjoy the new ride. :)
I'll report back on the window status next weekend.

By now i'm guessing you took delivery of your Model Y. Mine is also a 60,3xx VIN...picking it up today. Just wondering what happened at delivery on yours? Was all fine with the build quality? Any problems? Guessing that because its a real early 2021 like mine we don't get the dual pane glass on the front windows like the current build Y's?
Picked it up last Saturday. Overall it was find. Just a little grease on the passenger rear headliner by the coat hanger. And the drivers side trip wasn’t snapped In all the way. I just decided to fix everything myself.

Reactions: seniorcitizen
Thanks, I will do just that. I don't feel like waiting any longer, and who knows what's going to happen in the next few weeks with election and corona.
I called and build date is 10/18, whatever that's worth. The SC rep hadn't heard that they were even making the double pane windows.
Gonna accept the delivery date and enjoy the new ride. :)
I'll report back on the window status next weekend.
Hey! my Model Y has the same build date as yours. I'll let you know if I get mine before yours.