Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s interesting to me that black MY VINs seem to lag or be lower. I ordered on 10/9 and had 627xx. I ended up rejecting that car on delivery day 11/9 due to damage on the car. I was quickly reassigned a new VIN on 11/3 for a car being built on 11/7. It’s VIN is 67xxx. Black VINs seem to lag a bit. Must be due to lower demand.

Hello all, new Tesla owner inbound here. Ordered last Wednesday 10/28 just before the FSD price hike. Got assigned VIN 620xx today and got a call for a delivery appointment tomorrow afternoon!

Really surprised at the quick turnaround as we were told ~8 weeks last week.

Hello all, new Tesla owner inbound here. Ordered last Wednesday 10/28 just before the FSD price hike. Got assigned VIN 620xx today and got a call for a delivery appointment tomorrow afternoon!

Really surprised at the quick turnaround as we were told ~8 weeks last week.

It's most likely a rejected car. I ordered on 9/24 and have a 67,xxx VIN picking up on Wednesday. I believe the newest VIN's are 70,xxx

It’s interesting to me that black MY VINs seem to lag or be lower. I ordered on 10/9 and had 627xx. I ended up rejecting that car on delivery day 11/9 due to damage on the car. I was quickly reassigned a new VIN on 11/3 for a car being built on 11/7. It’s VIN is 67xxx. Black VINs seem to lag a bit. Must be due to lower demand.
Sorry rejected day was 11/2.

• Funny
Reactions: rainforest
Any new features/additions added since 620xx VIN that I should keep in mind or would incentivize me to reject this in favor of a newer one?
Laminated windows may be only item but that may of come in on VINs 62700 ish and higher. Some updates to rear brake lighting but not sure VIN range that came in. The dates of updates more associated with build date not so much VIN. I think the laminated windows were around to build date 10/17-ish or something like that.

First time Tesla owner...
Ordered a MSM MY with Black interior, 20in inductions and a tow hitch on October 3 and my profile was completed on October 6 with delivery to Indianapolis. I don’t think there is anything unique about the configuration.

Nothing but crickets from my SA. Called the Tesla Delivery Center with my RN# and they could not provide an update either. Trying to be patient...

First time Tesla owner...
Ordered a MSM MY with Black interior, 20in inductions and a tow hitch on October 3 and my profile was completed on October 6 with delivery to Indianapolis. I don’t think there is anything unique about the configuration.

Nothing but crickets from my SA. Called the Tesla Delivery Center with my RN# and they could not provide an update either. Trying to be patient...

There is a lot of randomness with how quickly VIN is assigned. Duration of VIN assignment does have correlation with Model type(PUP, LR), Color and location.
It also seems to me that Tesla builds batch of MY's in the same color. When I ordered my Red MY on 10/9 I did not see anyone getting delivery on Red MYs. I did not expect getting my car until late November or early December. I got VIN on 10/20 and I am picking up my car tomorrow. You can check out the google sheet which tracks orders to see if anyone else who ordered MSM around the same time and location got it. It does seem a bit long to not get a VIN. Did you upload your Insurance details as well?

Ordered on 10/5 - White LR, black interior, induction, autopilot, no trailer hitch. Received 2021 VIN last night (10/19): 654XX.
Got call from my SA today: car arrived yesterday and passed initial inspection! He said they had to calibrate one of the windows, but that everything else looks good. Delivery date moved up from 11/9 to 11/7, but may be able to pick it up tomorrow afternoon, once tag paperwork is processed.

So that was quick. I was counting on the 4-8 weeks and my timeline went like this

Ordered - Oct 24th
VIN - Nov 2nd
Delivery Notification - Nov 5
Delivery Date - Nov 20th (and could have been the 18th)

Reactions: 907XCP