Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like console refresh has not kicked in yet. Still Piano Man!
Consolation: I can pick my teeth in the shiny piano cover while going down the highway in autopilot.....If of course, I can see through the fingerprints. They knew this was a fingerprint mess in the Model 3 and that almost everyone gets them covered. Now how long have they had to correct it?

Thanks for those you told me to call SC. I was supposed to pick up the car on 11/6.
I just heard from them that car is in SC and it was inspected. One of the wheel well got damaged in shipping.
They have ordered the replacement part and it takes a week to get the part so I was asked to tentatively schedule the shipping delivery a week out.
Seems to me that quite a few cars get damaged in shipping. Perhaps it happens in other cars as well but it is not so transparent because dealers sell their local inventory.

Fortunately for me I am not driving much and we have 2 other cars. I did sell my primary car yesterday.

I was thinking of telling them that they should let me inspect the car so I can get other things I find fixed as well.
It sucks to wait 1-2 more week. On the bright side they found a damaged part and are trying to fix it on their own.
I currently have a similar situation. Vehicle arrived at SC last Wednesday and was supposed to take delivery last Friday. 4-5 vehicles they received had a scratch on an interior door panel. They ordered replacement door panels and delivery was pushed to either later this week or early next week. I've pushed to take deliver now knowing they would fix the panel later via mobile tech. Scheduled for tomorrow so hopefully nothing else comes up.

Did you take a checklist? If yes can you share it?
Is there any place in the Tesla sales office where you can hang out if required or do you have to leave?
I was thinking about take Uber to the sales office and I will have to find a coffee shop nearby to hang out of delivery takes long.
At least your wait is over and you have your car. I am assuming now your will start buying accessories.

They say you have a 15 min window for deivery. That's about what it was for my Model 3. They want you out of there before you find too many defects.

Take a checklist with you and complete it in the parking lot. They are really just interested in taking your check. Also, video your inspection, especially if there are any issues. I have been reading that issues have really subsided in Oct. Maybe they got the message.

0-FB81-F11-1-A06-4389-B61-A-5-FF6-CB668-A44.webp

Some people are now reporting problems with the new laminted windows hitting the trim? What's going on at Tesla?

Note to self: Check window clearance on both front windows next Tues at pick up.

Finally got my VIN via email with my SA. Tried the chat feature on tesla.com but they would not give it to me, just said talk to my SA (he was off yesterday).

Ordered 9/18 - LR. White / Black / 19" / no FSD / Tow. 67xxx. Delivery scheduled for November 12th

They say you have a 15 min window for deivery. That's about what it was for my Model 3. They want you out of there before you find too many defects.

Take a checklist with you and complete it in the parking lot. They are really just interested in taking your check. Also, video your inspection, especially if there are any issues. I have been reading that issues have really subsided in Oct. Maybe they got the message.
But you have 24 hours or 100 miles to report any initial issues after pick up, right?

Did you take a checklist? If yes can you share it?
Is there any place in the Tesla sales office where you can hang out if required or do you have to leave?
I was thinking about take Uber to the sales office and I will have to find a coffee shop nearby to hang out of delivery takes long.
At least your wait is over and you have your car. I am assuming now your will start buying accessories.
I took the checklist that I found in many places on the forums and reddit:
mykeln/teslaprep

They had a waiting room with chairs but my wife and kids (4 & 8) along, waiting a few hours there would have been a disaster. We got a Model X Performance w/ Ludicrous from the test drive fleet and went to a nearby park where the kids could play, at least it was a 73 degree and sunny afternoon in MN on November 3rd...

I called at 11:30 to make sure everything was ready for my 2pm delivery to which they said it would be fine, then when halfway there I got a call saying delivery was going to be delayed a week due to needing to source a new rear bumper cover. I decided to still show up to inspect the car and hopefully see the scratch that they caught, it was about 1/2in long and through the paint. Turns out Eden Prairie had the correct bumper cover in stock, the service manager went and got it so they could still deliver the car today.

Other issues I found during delivery were:

1. Roof glass adhesive on the headliner. They tried to fix it but a stain is still there (service appointment is scheduled).

2. My wife spotted a tiny dent on the front drivers fender, they got the PDR guy there and fixed it while the bumper cover was in transit.

3. The door hinges were missing paint from where they had been adjusted during assembly. They got some of them touched up but missed a few.

Now after getting home, I've found one more:
4. The drivers door aft edge is proud of the drivers side rear passenger door leading edge after the door has been open and shut a dozen times.

Overall the car wasn't as good as I was hoping but they really did try hard to correct issues in a timely manner and were very accommodating in giving us a loaner car to take the kids to a park, even though we could have easily taken our car that was traded in. The Model X sure was a sweet car, but the one we had was $123k sticker, 2.5x what the MY LR cost, not that cool to this guy.

Good luck with your delivery, I still am very excited about the car after the issues and overall can't wait to put some miles on it.

• Informative
Reactions: seniorcitizen
LOL, they could do a psychology experiment with me. I load the web page at least 3-4 times a day. I'm like a heroin addict clicking and clicking to get my fix. (Presently at 53 days with no VIN)

Well, I can attest that can be painful. I called the dealership (my SA is on vacation) on 11/2 to check in on my 10/21 order (I know, not that long ago) for a black/black long range MY w/induction wheels and FSD cause I was worrying about getting the VIN and having the car shipped to TX prior to my 11/20 deadline for the trade in (and possibility of going over mileage in the 4-8 week window). They said to call back 11/4 because it looked like I'd be matched with a VIN 11/4. I checked a few times this morning, with no VIN as of 10am, but then a VIN at 11am! I was so excited I forgot to look at what the number was. I'm at work, and got delayed for 10 minutes. Then I hit refresh because I didn't see a link under the Documents for the MVP to print out and sign for the financing, and the VIN was gone! I called and they said that sometimes they unassign them at the factory when they realize that there is a defect. They also said that once the VIN is assigned, it usually takes about 30 minutes for the MVP to pop up under the Documents section, and that an email is generated as well.

Seems strange to me that they'd assign it and unassign it in 30 minutes. Makes me wonder if maybe it got reassigned to another customer (who perhaps rejected one recently)? But they said that it still says I should expect my VIN "the week of 11/3" in their system. Only now I'll definitely grab a screen shot of the VIN when it pops up (not that it will help). I'm in Austin, TX, and asked by what date they thought I could get a VIN and still meet that 11/20 delivery within the trade in value window, and they said it might still be possible if the VIN is assigned by 11/9. Fingers crossed! I'll certainly consider myself lucky getting a MY in 4 weeks. Feel really bad for the people who've been waiting 2+ months.

I was supposed to pickup the car on 11/6. Yesterday I was told that during transport wheel well got damaged and a new part had to be ordered which will take 1 more week. Today I got a call that they had the part and my car will be ready for pickup as previously scheduled. They even offered a pickup tomorrow but I am taking a friend with me so I chose to pickup on Friday.

I was supposed to pickup the car on 11/6. Yesterday I was told that during transport wheel well got damaged and a new part had to be ordered which will take 1 more week. Today I got a call that they had the part and my car will be ready for pickup as previously scheduled. They even offered a pickup tomorrow but I am taking a friend with me so I chose to pickup on Friday.
Good luck!

I was scheduled to pick up my Y LR 11/6. Today I got a call saying the car is still at their Memphis hub, so they pushed delivery to Nov 11. Will be almost 4 weeks from when the car was produced to when it gets delivered. Hopefully there won't be any damage that causes more delay.