Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got assigned a low 63xxx from an order on 10/21. Located east coast and this is a white LR Y.

based on the forum this seems like a really low vin. Should I be worried that this car doesn’t have the newer windows?

Also, I’m not seeing where people are getting build dates. Can anyone help me know where to look?
Thanks

I just asked my SA what date it was born (7:35pm PST 11/5) and whether it was a 2021 (it is of course with a 705XX). They should be able to look that up for you. They should also be able to look up where it is right now.

Spoke to Tesla SA on the phone today (delivery delayed 1 day due to cosmetic issue with front bumper), who told us that my VIN rolled off the factory less than 2 weeks ago, just arrived in Georgia, is a 2021 model, and *should* have the laminated windows, but she didn't sound overly confident. We shall see tomorrow
Bumper issue ended up having to go to the body shop, so I was queued back up for a new Model Y. Have now been assigned VIN 743xx.

Hope it doesn't take forever to get to East Coast

I accepted delivery about two weeks ago (October 11 build) and originally thought it was perfect. We discovered today that the headliner is not attached. I believe it was originally flush and in the correct position, but has since fallen down since it wasn’t properly secured.

Luckily we already had service scheduled for this Friday to install a Homelink. We’re going to see if Tesla can address this at the same time.

This might not be a common problem, but you may want to give your headliner a gentle tug during the delivery inspection for good measure. We did check that the roof was attached :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2AA4D30B-738E-4A3A-B14C-BF6653E019F3.jpeg
    2AA4D30B-738E-4A3A-B14C-BF6653E019F3.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 67