Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have read that some have called Tesla and asked them to honor the original valuation since they didn’t put an exuberant amount of miles on the car and typically the trade in price is low enough that they will still turn a profit. Might be worth asking about.
I spoke to my SA about this as I am about to surpass my driving limit as well as timeframe. The SA I spoke to said tesla extended the timeline for trade ins till the end of the year.

I spoke to my SA about this as I am about to surpass my driving limit as well as timeframe. The SA I spoke to said tesla extended the timeline for trade ins till the end of the year.
When I asked my SA they told me since my valuation was before 11/10/20, I would have to redo it, otherwise it would be honored if it was after that date. I kinda rolled my eyes at this and I’m waiting to see if anything on my account page changes when my valuation is supposed to expire in a few days. If nothing changes I’ll assume I was given inaccurate information. I have completed all docs and I’m waiting for a VIN.

When I asked my SA they told me since my valuation was before 11/10/20, I would have to redo it, otherwise it would be honored if it was after that date. I kinda rolled my eyes at this and I’m waiting to see if anything on my account page changes when my valuation is supposed to expire in a few days. If nothing changes I’ll assume I was given inaccurate information. I have completed all docs and I’m waiting for a VIN.
At some point past the expiration of the quote (1-2 weeks), you will be asked to submit a revised odometer rating to obtain a new valuation.

• Helpful
Reactions: AmbienWalrus
I have read that some have called Tesla and asked them to honor the original valuation since they didn’t put an exuberant amount of miles on the car and typically the trade in price is low enough that they will still turn a profit. Might be worth asking about.
I already have and have been waiting for a response. My SA said they contacted Tesla and have since not heard back. She's assuming that no response equals a negative response which I'm not buying. So I told her that I need to wait to hear back from them. In the meanwhile I did go to see my Tesla in person at the Tesla shop to inspect the exterior for panel gap issues. Looks pretty good from the outside.

So picked up my new model Y today. No issues found, car is immaculate. A happy ending to my journey. Summary of experience and lessons learned below:

-Initial order 10/09. Black/black, Gemini, autopilot.
-First car delivery, 11/2. Came in with a sizable dent, that Tesla called out, before I arrived. Offered to fix, but I wasn’t comfortable doing that. Rejected the car.
-had new vin on 11/3, build date 11/7, Tesla gave priority.
-initial trade in value expired, had to update mileage to get updated quote. New trade quote was same as first no change which was good.
-second car initially scheduled to arrive 11/23. Day before got notice delivery moved out 5 days to 11/28 due to shipping delay.
-picked up 11/28, car was perfect, no issues, was very impressed. Less than 30 minutes including trade, great experience.

stuff I ordered ahead of time:

- Tesla charger, matte screen protector, tesmanian full Mat set, Tesla tire repair kit, Gemini bolt and center covers.

when I picked up, I liked the Gemini wheel covers so much I didn’t take them off as planned. They looked way better than the pictures online. Was really surprised. Will keep the bolt covers but not planning to use at this point.

overall experience very positive. Tesla handled the dent issue very well and with complete transparency.

absolutely love driving the car, it is very impressive, extremely happy with my decision. Making up reasons to go to store so I can drive it more lol:)

Took delivery today. LR Blue/Black. VIN 75XXX. Had the laminated windows, auto dimming mirrors, the metal scroll wheels and the flash drive in the glove box. Had the older center console, which I happen to prefer. Other than a few small alignment issues, nothing major noted. Have an appointment on the 14th to have those addressed and my Homelink installed. Overall, very pleased with the condition of the car. PPF and tint set for Tuesday. Ordered 9/12. worth the wait to get the upgrades.

So picked up my new model Y today. No issues found, car is immaculate. A happy ending to my journey. Summary of experience and lessons learned below:

-First car delivery, 11/2. Came in with a sizable dent, that Tesla called out, before I arrived. Offered to fix, but I wasn’t comfortable doing that. Rejected the car.
-initial trade in value expired, had to update mileage to get updated quote. New trade quote was same as first no change which was good.
-second car initially scheduled to arrive 11/23. Day before got notice delivery moved out 5 days to 11/28 due to shipping delay.
-picked up 11/28, car was perfect, no issues, was very impressed. Less than 30 minutes including trade, great experience.

- Tesla charger, matte screen protector, tesmanian full Mat set, Tesla tire repair kit, Gemini bolt and center covers.

when I picked up, I liked the Gemini wheel covers so much I didn’t take them off as planned. They looked way better than the pictures online. Was really surprised. Will keep the bolt covers but not planning to use at this point.

overall experience very positive. Tesla handled the dent issue very well and with complete transparency.

absolutely love driving the car, it is very impressive, extremely happy with my decision. Making up reasons to go to store so I can drive it more lol:)
And forgot to mention, iPhone 12 max charges, no issues.

• Informative
Reactions: AmbienWalrus

That’s awesome Wrangler. It’s good to hear good stories. I would admit, with all the negative press and stories it can be a bit of a overwhelming. You put me at ease. Especially since I got the call today to come pick it up. Looks like we ordered much of the same things

Reactions: jetsurgn
Congrats guys! While I am extremely happy for all of you, it’s getting really frustrating for me. I know that I need to be patient and all, and that there are people that ordered before me that are still waiting as well. But I just don’t understand how a person that order the same exact specs as me but did it two weeks after me gets his/hers assigned before mine. I want there must be some type of organization to this. It all looks and feel so damn random!
I believe it has to do with where they are shipping to. I'm in Northern California and I ordered on 10/11 and many have already gotten their cars. My Y is just a LR, white, and tow hitch. I guess it is a good lesson in patience!

I ordered a blue LR with Induction wheels on October 3rd. Just got my VIN today and it appears it is a 2021 model.

Congratulations! I’m new to the forum. I ordered This summer. Blue LRAWD with the Gemini wheels. I’m ordering the 20 inch Uber turbine replicas from tsportline. Tesla Model Y Aftermarket 20 inch Tesla Wheels - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories

I received my Vin 758xx on Monday and a text today to schedule pick up. I scheduled for 11/8/20. This is my first EV. Moving from a 2018 BMW 540i xdrive Msport with exec package and massaging seats. I’m going to miss those. Im a little nervous!!

Ordered my Black/Black LRAWD with Gemini wheels on Nov 6th. Woke up this morning and had my VIN 817xx. Wondering what updates are in that VIN. No delivery date yet. Will take it straight to get full front clear bra and window tint. Lots of heat and stones in AZ.

Excited to have my first EV !

Congratulations! I’m new to the forum. I ordered This summer. Blue LRAWD with the Gemini wheels. I’m ordering the 20 inch Uber turbine replicas from tsportline. Tesla Model Y Aftermarket 20 inch Tesla Wheels - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories

I received my Vin 758xx on Monday and a text today to schedule pick up. I scheduled for 11/8/20. This is my first EV. Moving from a 2018 BMW 540i xdrive Msport with exec package and massaging seats. I’m going to miss those. Im a little nervous!!

Just curious why you are moving from the 540i xDrive to a non-performance MY. That sounds like an amazing car that is higher end than the MY.

Just curious why you are moving from the 540i xDrive to a non-performance MY. That sounds like an amazing car that is higher end than the MY.
I was driving a BMW X5 when I ordered my MY. Gave the BMW to my wife since she likes it and traded her car to get the Tesla. The ride, quiteness, and performance of the MY blows the X5 away in my opinion. Not to mention all the tech. Very happy with the MY.

That is a good question. I wanted something with a little more space. Most of all, I wanted to do My part to help the environment for my kid’s futures. It was a fantastic car. I will miss it. But I do love the hips and rear on the MY. I even bought the same color. With the performance boost, the MY is actually quicker to 60. 4.3 vs 4.7. That instant torque is crazy. I did initially order the P. However the jarring ride was a bit too much. I’m ordering tsportline Uber turbine 20 wheels And keeping Gemini as my winter set.