Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got assigned a low 63xxx from an order on 10/21. Located east coast and this is a white LR Y.

based on the forum this seems like a really low vin. Should I be worried that this car doesn’t have the newer windows?

Also, I’m not seeing where people are getting build dates. Can anyone help me know where to look?
Thanks

I got a call last night - from the auto transport company.( literally the first correspondence other than the website, i've had ). a few frantic calls to telsa to find out what's happening... long story short, tesla has spent the last 3-4 weeks sending text messages to my home phone. My 63xxx showed up at my house today. for reference, it doesn't appear to have laminated front side windows.. haven't done anything with it (not even clicking the 'accept delivery' button).

Original ordered March 2019
Finalized order October 2-2020

Called yesterday 11-17-20 and found out there was a hold on the order. Was told there will be 4-7 weeks but got a text this morning saying delivery date 11-22-2020.

vin 74xxx

also added 8k fsd today on the upgrade autipilot option.
Does anyone know if the price will be changed to 10k during delivery and if it can be cancelled if it is 10k.

Original ordered March 2019
Finalized order October 2-2020

Called yesterday 11-17-20 and found out there was a hold on the order. Was told there will be 4-7 weeks but got a text this morning saying delivery date 11-22-2020.

vin 74xxx

also added 8k fsd today on the upgrade autipilot option.
Does anyone know if the price will be changed to 10k during delivery and if it can be cancelled if it is 10k.

also would like to add specs are white Ext/black interior. 19” Rims

28 days from order to delivery. Picked it up today in Austin. Black/black LR MY w/induction and FSD ordered 10/21, VIN 705,XX 11/6 with delivery offered 11/23-25, but car arrived early and was picked up 11/18.

I thought it looked great. They identified a small scratch on the plastic lower part of the bumper in their initial inspection. They ordered the part and will have it installed at a home service visit when it arrives. Not even sure I would have noticed. I did notice that the wireless charger didn’t charge my iPhone 12 mini (with or without a case), but they said it was a widespread issue and was being worked on.

Had the car for a couple hours, and now it’s at a body shop for tinting and full front PPF since it’s black and apparently likely to chip with only one coat of paint. Still can’t believe Tesla charges an extra $1000 for black and then puts less coats of paint on. In hindsight I would have gone for MSM if I’d known when I placed the order. But the black MY sure does look nice.

Overall the SA was very helpful and they kept me informed and helped expedite pick up. Only other snafu was being told that the MY came with the adaptor to plug into a 220 outlet. Easy fix; I should get one tomorrow that I was able to buy through the SC.

Luck to all still waiting!

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
28 days from order to delivery. Picked it up today in Austin. Black/black LR MY w/induction and FSD ordered 10/21, VIN 705,XX 11/6 with delivery offered 11/23-25, but car arrived early and was picked up 11/18.

I thought it looked great. They identified a small scratch on the plastic lower part of the bumper in their initial inspection. They ordered the part and will have it installed at a home service visit when it arrives. Not even sure I would have noticed. I did notice that the wireless charger didn’t charge my iPhone 12 mini (with or without a case), but they said it was a widespread issue and was being worked on.

Had the car for a couple hours, and now it’s at a body shop for tinting and full front PPF since it’s black and apparently likely to chip with only one coat of paint. Still can’t believe Tesla charges an extra $1000 for black and then puts less coats of paint on. In hindsight I would have gone for MSM if I’d known when I placed the order. But the black MY sure does look nice.

Overall the SA was very helpful and they kept me informed and helped expedite pick up. Only other snafu was being told that the MY came with the adaptor to plug into a 220 outlet. Easy fix; I should get one tomorrow that I was able to buy through the SC.

Luck to all still waiting!
That's great delivery time! Congratulations! Mine took about 7 weeks.

Who is doing the tinting and PPF on your car?

I've been checking my account frequently from my order on 11/7 (Maryland). Yesterday there was a 77XXX VIN in my account. I thought I read that they aren't texting VIN updates but I can't find where I read that. I'm still waiting to hear back from my SC on actual delivery timeframe.

That's great delivery time! Congratulations! Mine took about 7 weeks.

Who is doing the tinting and PPF on your car?

Ended up going with No REV auto spa. My SA recommended them, and they said they could pick up my car that same day (everywhere else was booked out until 12/7). Seems like a small shop with one installer, and the guy who owns the shop apparently works at Tesla (he came out to meet me when I was picking up my car).

Seems like your standard high pricing, but went with them as they came recommended and could take my car immediately w/pickup/delivery (although they said it would take 4-5 days to complete, a bit longer than the 2.5-3 days quoted by others). And they could do the tint at the same time. So, $2000 for full front w/wrapped edges (Suntek), and they’re also including the edge of the doors and luggage area. They quoted $500 for the Rocker panels but I did negotiate a discount on that. UV protection (xpel XR black) for the windshield and suntek tinted front windows with another discount came to $350.

I called a couple other recommended shops and they were $1900 (Bespoke) and $2400 (Authentic Details) for full front PPF. A guy I saw recommended on here (can’t recall who recommended them - you?) quoted $1600 but said yeah, you do see some of the edges.

Fingers crossed No REV does a good job! Can’t wait to get the car back; maybe Sunday.