Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gracious members and a question about navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first post and I would be remiss if I did not mention that most of the members of the club are gracious in their responses no matter how silly a comment, question, or concern may seem. I often don’t like to read comments on news or other forums because of the absurdity of people these days. Conversely, I do enjoy reading the Tesla forum because I’m passionate about my MS as others seem to be about theirs. Thank you for the hours of reading enjoyment.... though I feel silly to admit to hours.:rolleyes:

Does anyone have software version 4.5 on a 60 kWh MS? I took delivery early May and have not seen an update yet. Also, does 4.5 allow the orientation of the map to adjust from a fix north being at the top of the screen? When navigating, it is so confusing to look at the instrument panel and see the tracking relative to direction I am moving only to look down at the touch panel to see something different (dependent if I’m traveling north). I’m sure the direction aspect has been discussed in the forum so I don’t want to rehash that discussion. Only wondering if there is an option in 4.5 to select tracking north or otherwise.

Not to worry, I have a S85 delivered Mar 2 and no 4.5 yet. It seems that they are sending the upgrades first to those who already have 4.5 so that the can be sure the bugs are squashed before they send the final version out to the rest of the population.

There are still new iterations of 4.5 appearing (I've gotten two updates in two weeks, to the .54 and .59 minor versions, respectively.) I believe they normally work toward a stable version before rolling it out widely.

Took delivery with 4.4, still on that same version. Hopefully any change to the nav will be an option as I prefer the map orientation as it is now. Guess I'm just a nerd who always loved navigating from maps.

I picked up my 60 at the factory on 23 May and it came with 4.5. A newer revision popped up within a couple of days after delivery, and last Tuesday night I got another update. That one made street names on the map much easier to read (larger font).

Last edited:
FWIW I brought my S to Fremont today for some maintenance issues, and the service manager was very surprised to see how old the v. 4.4 I had was. He inquired as to whether I had 3G at my house (which I do). He wondered what was up with the factory not pushing out some version of v.4.5 to me. They will of course update firmware during my service visit.

Thanks all for the inputs! It appears the engineers must be still providing "fixes" to 4.5 before they push it out to everyone. Otherwise, I would imagine they would have to push incremental updates when a minor build is complete.... just speculation.