Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great CPO buying experience

Model 3 Mid range vs 2015 Model S 70D 44.9Kmiles (Both at same cost)

• Model 3

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Model S

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys seem to be luckier than I am. Paid deposit on 2016 S 75D. Received one call and email from advisor. Once I had arranged financing he stopped replying to email, didn't send lender information they requested, like copy of sale order. Didn't send me one either. He turned order over to delivery advisor who I've also heard from once via email. No reply to my emails asking for status and when they are going to send requested documents to my lender.
Very frustrating. I'd just walk but seems like it's a good buy.

Sorry for taking it out on you guys.

anything I should look for when looking for a 2014 or 2015? Like After june of 2014 or anything key I should keep in mind?

PS. Sorry to thread jack.

AP is, to me, the greatest feature. If the cold weather package is a big deal to you, they started the heated steering wheel somewhat after mine. Not exactly sure when, but that's one thing I do miss! Other than that it's just features you want. In my case I wouldn't go without glass above my head, many people don't care about that. I also like the third row seat because my grandkids love to ride in it. Truth is, they're already getting too big for it! Check the seats out, make sure they are at least NextGen.

Mostly, it'll be hard not to grin all the time you're driving it! It's a great car.

Model S something-D over mid range model 3 for same price. don't regret it. Having speed and power output and nav directions and music playing all right in front of you is much better than the one screen. Arguments about AP don't factor in unless you increase the price of the 3 to add autopilot. I don't think a 40k 3 comes with AP.

Is there a noticeable difference in driving experience in dual vs single motor model S?
yeah the dual motor has more traction. much harder to unglue from the road. in the RWD, you have to work at it (with TCS on), but it can be made to slide through turns and such with finessing. The P models have way too much power, like 470hp or something, just to the rear wheels, to even consider turning off TCS. In other words, it's fun.

The dual motors also have the potential to accelerate as fast as the older P model if they've been "uncorked". launching should technically be easier since power is delivered to 4 wheels, not 2.

wanted to chime in - I test drove model 3 before getting model S. Model S feels heavier, but I prefer that feeling. Model 3 also felt fantastic, but in a different lighter way. I have plenty of power in 70 . Part of the reason getting CPO S was the forward looking sceen - during test drive, it was weird to be looking at the right screen all the time.

You guys seem to be luckier than I am. Paid deposit on 2016 S 75D. Received one call and email from advisor. Once I had arranged financing he stopped replying to email, didn't send lender information they requested, like copy of sale order. Didn't send me one either. He turned order over to delivery advisor who I've also heard from once via email. No reply to my emails asking for status and when they are going to send requested documents to my lender.
Very frustrating. I'd just walk but seems like it's a good buy.

Sorry for taking it out on you guys.
I'm having similar level of crappy CPO experience. I put a deposit a week ago and they somehow can't even manage to give me a good ETA for when they will have the vehicle at the service center for me. I'm in CO and the vehicle is in CA. I need to arrange for a flight and stuff before I go but this is getting a bit ridiculous that their process is this bad. I've asked multiple questions to my delivery adviser and rarely do I receive a response to them.

I'm having similar level of crappy CPO experience. I put a deposit a week ago and they somehow can't even manage to give me a good ETA for when they will have the vehicle at the service center for me. I'm in CO and the vehicle is in CA. I need to arrange for a flight and stuff before I go but this is getting a bit ridiculous that their process is this bad. I've asked multiple questions to my delivery adviser and rarely do I receive a response to them.

I feel your pain. I finally have a delivery date for Monday 12th bought airline ticket but Tesla has been unable to provide me with a sales order so I can't close loan.

I feel your pain. I finally have a delivery date for Monday 12th bought airline ticket but Tesla has been unable to provide me with a sales order so I can't close loan.

Wow, sorry this is hard for yall. I had my car a week after I put down the deposit and that even ended up being a different car from the one I chose online. Granted, it was already in town so they really just had to clean it up. Sorry guys!

+1 another good experience (or just lowered expectations from all the negative experiences)

Short-story: Patience is key. I can't tell if the sales, credit and delivery teams are just swamped or incompetent, but they still manage to get everything through the process albeit at a snail's pace. The cars are not refurbished and there are going to be things not visible in the pictures. I'm not saying this process is ideal, but it works considering how discounted the cars are.

Day 1
Went through about 10 cars with my SA before finally pulling the trigger after diligently monitoring the price changes on one of them. My SA sent over the order # an hour later, reminded me that car was in FL (I'm in DC), and then I never heard from him again even though I responded to his email with a couple questions about the process.

Day 2
The next day, a DS reached out to me and started getting everything coordinated and asked me to complete the tasks in my account including the credit app and started the trade-in including the self-assessment. I asked the same questions I asked the SA after completing the tasks and nothing.

Day 3
A credit analyst sent over the loan terms for review and approval and I respond with the approval and a question the paperwork and titling. Never heard from him again.

Day 4
Radio silence from everyone.

Day 5
I follow-up with the DS and credit analyst in the morning to get a status update as I want to plan my flight down there. No response.

Day 6 & 7 were the weekend

Day 8
The DS calls me to ask if I completed the self-assessment. I let him know I did it on Day 2 and he said he'd track it down.

Day 9
No contact from the DS, but the trade info starts to show up in My Account and I upload my title and registration.

Day 10
I email the DS to ask if everything is good to go and no response.

Day 11
DS calls me to confirm everything is good and to schedule dropping off my trade-in up here and then delivery in FL.

Day 12
I drop off my trade-in and the process couldn't have been easier. They did a quick look over to confirm the mileage and condition, gave me a copy of the paperwork and even gave me a ride to the subway.

Day 13
I fly down to FL in the morning, arrived at my appointment time and was told the car is ready but the paperwork isn't. I asked if I could take a look at the car in the meantime and was told no because there isn't enough space to bring up front until its ready to be driven away. I was like WTF?, but whatever. 20 minutes later the paperwork is ready and I ask to see the car before I sign everything, and again was rejected. She assured me they could just shred everything if I didn't accept delivery. I had an 18 hour drive ahead of me (with charging) and it looked fine in the pictures, so I relented and agreed.

The car
The car wasn't in perfect shape, but I wasn't expecting it to be. There were some nicks on the bumper, a quarter-sized door ding, the door panels had some stains, and the rear seats had quite a bit of wear and tear. Nothing horrible though. It had new tires, the previous owner's data had not been cleared and they installed new floormats after I complained the driver's one was bunching up. I could tell my delivery person was rushing through the process, but was already familiar with everything and wanted to get on the road, so it didn't bother me.

I decided to cancel my CPO order since Tesla was not able to deliver the required documents in a timely manner.

They confirmed via email my deposit would be refunded. That was 10 days ago and still no credit. No telling when ilI' see my money.

The good news is I found a S at a dealership that is in like new condition. I bought it, flew to Denver and drove it home all within 4 days. Tesla has a long way to go.

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid
I decided to cancel my CPO order since Tesla was not able to deliver the required documents in a timely manner.

They confirmed via email my deposit would be refunded. That was 10 days ago and still no credit. No telling when ilI' see my money.

The good news is I found a S at a dealership that is in like new condition. I bought it, flew to Denver and drove it home all within 4 days. Tesla has a long way to go.
No extra warranty though right?

Reactions: Alset4S
I drop off my trade-in and the process couldn't have been easier. They did a quick look over to confirm the mileage and condition, gave me a copy of the paperwork and even gave me a ride to the subway.

That's funny. In my case they didn't even look at it when I brought it in. Never mind that I had convinced them to give me more than 3 times the value that car Max had offered based on claims that the car was pristine. Didn't even check the mileage. At one point I asked, do you want to look it over before I leave? The response was complete disinterest and a "maybe later". Finally when I went to get a few things out of it that I had forgotten, the DS followed me over and said "oh yeah I used to race these."
The trade in experience was definitely good. They didn't try to pull crap and low ball me and force me to suffer through negotiating over it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Alset4S